HybridZ

1jz or rb25

linchpin360

look we could sit here and spoon feed you everything, but if you don't actually research it yourself and decide what YOU want then odds are you'll end up either A) not finishing it B) blowing something up, or C) pay through the nose to have someone ELSE build it and have regrets forever.

You want at least a 450cc injector or so, get a generic fuel rail and fabricate mounts for it. Even the stuff some vendors on here sell aren't that "plug n play".

The exhaust manifold is a basic 4 bolt T3 flange found on MANY vehicles. Most T3/4 hybrids will bolt up just fine. Most high quality T3/4 turbos will support enough power for you too.

Stock bottom end is reliable to 300-350hp in most people scnario on the stock head. Reaching 400hp it's a timebomb that'll last a LONG time if your tune is perfect and your fuel quality never changes, or you run meth injection.

If you need the peace of mind swap out the stock pistons for forged ones, or high quality cast with the right type of dish for your P head. Many people here just run stock blocks until they blow up because these motors can be found everywhere for pretty cheap.

Garrett on this board is running a STOCK HEAD AND CAM motor well over 400HP. He has a built bottom end and he's using meth injection.

Btw, you could have figured out what size injectors to use by finding one of the hundreds of online calculators that will tell you how much fuel you need for 400hp with 6 injectors.

Again... there are COUNTLESS topics on the L28ET setups and there's no "best" route to take for ANY HP goal. So do yourself a favor and figure out what YOU want, not what others did.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could install and run megasquirt for $1000. then do whatever the sh*t you want with your l28et. 300 rwhp sound good? $1300, cause you'll need a bigger turbo. When you already have a turbo, don't swap to another straight 6 just for more power unless you're going balls out.

$200 for an LC1

$150 for a v2.2 ms box

$200 for wiring

$200 for injectors and a fuel rail

$60 for a 240sx throttle body to run the right throttle position sensor

$100 for an MSD 6al box

~$300 for a holsett

~$200 for sensors

you're fcking set.

does the megasquirt get rid of the maf and go to a iat/map sensor setup?

• 2 weeks later...
Stock bottom end is reliable to 300-350hp in most people scnario on the stock head. Reaching 400hp it's a timebomb that'll last a LONG time if your tune is perfect and your fuel quality never changes, or you run meth injection.

If you plan on these power levels better plan on either rebuilding your tranny a lot or doing a Z32 upgrade with an adapter. I blew up two trannys with my old setup and I thought I was pretty gentle with it. Definitely well beyond the limit of the stock tranny.

If you opt for the JWT ecu I am sure your car will run fine at whatever power level you choose. Just keep in mind if you want to run different injectors or make changes you need an ecu reflash every time. The point is zero flexibilty. With a standalone you can change on your own even if its a small change. Also, JWT is going to be extremely conservative with the programming. I personally felt it was a bit too rich for for my liking.

Good luck.