HybridZ

"Goodnight Sweet Prince"

RayG1988

l_5d3e332bfcf235e5af1d259c441c3997.jpg

1979-2008

Today my 1979 280zx finally gave it's last breath, I'm feeling pretty bad right now. Kind of depressed, this was my first car and even though I was getting ready to get an s30z next month I can't help but feel really bad about this Z. Not only was it my first Z but it was also my first car. Tonight I officially gave up my battle to bring it back from the dead. With a blown headgasket, tons of rust, bad radiator, bad fuel injection, and bad axles I let it rest in peace.

I wanted to fix it but at the same time the cost just doesn't seem worth it at the moment since my budget is tight and my tools were recently stolen. If I had just fixed those problems sooner it wouldn't have all piled up on me at once. Tomorrow I'm calling insurance and getting it towed to my house from my friend's and stripping it for anything thats worth salvaging since the s30z I'm getting just had an L28et swap done to it and I'm sure I could always store some parts for the other car.

I'm feeling really bad right now, sorry for ranting here. I just needed to do it somewhere. I thought about keeping the car, but with my current dwelling area it would make it impossible to do it for long. They already tried to tow the car, back when I had it working as new.

So tomorrow I'll strip it all out and put some pictures up for you guys incase one of you would like to buy the interior since it's black and in good condition.

:( :( :(

dude that sucks. i feel wicked bad for ya man. in a couple years, i know my 240sx that ive had for almost five years may share that same fate, and its saddening when its time for your baby to pass on....

and i really hate asking this at a time like this, but are you going to be selling the wheels?

Ahhh man, sorry to see your girl go. You will get the drive train out of her?

Yeah, I'm going to try to get as much as possible out of it before I get rid of her.

:( :( :(

dude that sucks. i feel wicked bad for ya man. in a couple years, i know my 240sx that ive had for almost five years may share that same fate, and its saddening when its time for your baby to pass on....

and i really hate asking this at a time like this, but are you going to be selling the wheels?

It's just the stockers painted black with spray paint, not sure if I'm getting rid of them yet but if I am I'll pm you.

It's pretty rusty and has some bad damage in the back, I probably wouldn't sell it as a whole I'd just salvage from it what I could and part out the rest. Then give the shell away to someone who had the resources to fix it locally.

Oh and to add insult to injury, I killed my dad's DD today. His struts went bye bye when I was going to school. I killed two cars in two days.

sorry to hear that again, well how much are you asking for the two door panels and carpet??? also are you selling the seats? can u call me at my cellphone which is 661-916-6539 please i really need those panels can't wait to put my baby girl back on the street's it's been 5 years and she only has 60'000 miles on her original' but the burning sun over here in cali well yea u get it bad sun and old interiors dont mix good.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the car towed to my place, gotta look for my keys. Once I do that I'll be taking pictures and whatnot.

Besides the tranny and things like starter, alternator, etc, what else can I use from the 280zx for my 260z (has an L28 swap)? I actually may not be able to keep it, but I'm gonna part it out and try to keep all that I can and then try to give it to someone who can do something with it rather than scrap it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 280zxlt1

hey man sorry to here bout your ride.but maybe you can help some one get thires on the road with the parts. like me i could use a hood if its going. e mail me