HybridZ

S130 AritaSpeed G-nose by 280Zone

007max

Headlight recess treatment  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Headlight recess treatment

• Remove them
    • Leave them like they are on the original

If you've seen the previous thread concerning this airdam, you already know that we have had absolutely no luck in getting these imported from AritaSpeed in Japan. Luckily, when VinhZXT recently went on a trip to Japan, he was able to purchase one there and bring it back with him to the US.

I have discussed the production of this part extensively with 280Zone, and he has agreed to reproduce this part from the piece in Vinh's possession. All we need to get the ball rolling on this is 18 committed buyers.

Here are the details of the deal from 280Zone himself:

Igor' date='[/color']

OK the numbers are in.

I can make the new parts available for $450 plus shipping. I have a shipper set up that can ship anywhere in the country for around $80 to $90. As I said before I am not very comfortable taking deposits but in order to make this happen we will need about 18 serious customers.

Robert

So, as you can see, we are ready to go once we have some committed buyers.

There is a technical detail that needs to be worked out: The kit comes with recesses for headlight covers. These are not the same headlight covers as the ones that fit a stock 280zx. As far as I know, the only place to get the proper headlight covers is AritaSpeed in Japan, who we already know does not want to import parts to the US. In my opinion, it would be best to have these recesses filled in on the kits produced by 280Zone. I will leave it up to a vote as to whether the recesses should be filled in or left alone. If you sign up to purchase a kit, please include your preference for the headlight cover treatment.

Some pictures of the kit in question:

Vinh's kit

vinh_s_front.jpg

Vinh had to cut it up to get it on the plane with him

vinh_s_front_cutup.jpg

This kit installed

aritaspeed_installed.jpg

Stock image from AritaSpeed

aritaspeed1.jpg

Same kit, different color, easier to see details.

aritaspeed2.jpg

aritaspeed3.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ADD ME ADD ME ADD ME!!!!

Ive got cash, paypal, cashiers check, money order whatever...... Ive wanted one of these for SOOOOOOOO long. any chance these would be done in time for MSA this year?? :D

oh, and 280Zone, I can pick mine up, Ill be in phoenix a couple days before MSA.

I say LEAVE the headlight recesses. individual owners could easily fill them in if they dont want them when they install them on thier car.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest durableswedish

I'm wondering why so many people want the indents left on the airdam. do they have a source for the Japanese covers or are they going to put the US ones on it and leave it weird looking?

Ok, we have one more person on board.

1. 007max

2. Mack

3. z or bust

4. Doug (don't know username)

5. frank280zx

6. MannyZX

I don't know why so many people want the headlight covers left on. Currently we do not have a source for them outside of Japan. Personally I'd rather leave them off for this reason. I think the final decision will be left up to the guys in on the group buy (we obviously have people voting who are not signed up right now).

The Japanese don't make the covers for these any more. You can fill in the indent easily so leave the indents. If I ever use this spoiler I would definitely custom make the covers before I put the spoiler on. BTW I am going to Japan again next month... what would you guys like me to bring back this time?

Guest Z DVL

Hey

I've been looking everywhere for a front end that will actually LOOK GOOD on my car and this is the only one I've seen. I've looked at the MSA front ends and they really dont give the car much style although pretty much anything looks better than stock lol. Anyway, I am very keen on one of these, problem is I'm in Austalia! Paying in U.S.D wont be a problem if I can pay by PayPal, but as far as shipping goes is there any way of getting it here without costing me a fortune? Or do you think I would be better off having it sent to a U.S. address and then having it forwarded? I'd rather have it sent straight here because I'd have to get it sent to my uncle in the U.S. (Cali) and knowing him i will probably never see the thing lol. Please get back to me and let me know.

Thanks heaps

Guest bmxmike

Hey im new to the site and picking up a 83 280zx here in a few days and been looking at kits as it has no front end. When is the close off date on this or is it just when you get enough people?

Hey im new to the site and picking up a 83 280zx here in a few days and been looking at kits as it has no front end. When is the close off date on this or is it just when you get enough people?

There is no close off date, we're just trying to get enough people in on this to get the parts made.