1. 1. Headlight recess treatment

• Remove them
    • Leave them like they are on the original

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to keep people in anticipation, so please do not wait for this to happen. Vinh has yet to contact me or ship the part for fabrication and mold building. I am considering this effort closed as I wouldn't want to wait months for a part and wouldn't expect others to do that either.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know to laugh or cry. I decide to go with a g-nose and find this thread a week after it seems to have fallen through.

Not to rub it in, but daily I am tickled to be living in AZ with the knowledge that this state seems to be an enormous hub for zcar enthusiast.

Which brings me to my point;

280Zone, 007max, and John Washington, as well as many others, all appear to live in metro PHX and all have expressed an interest in getting g-noses in the hands of s130 owners.

Might I suggest a collaboration? If this point has already been made, then I apologize. But, I for one would take a day off work in a heartbeat and drive three hours to Phoenix if it meant getting together with fellow z enthusiast at the very least.(not so much a following in the town I am in...)

But, from what I have read recently, it would be awesome if we could get this going. It seems so close.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

-Sam

Don't give up on me yet. I continue to offer my services to make this happen. I just hate it when someone announces a new part being available and it really isn't close to being ready. I just don't want people holding up their dream on a part I can't give a concrete schedule on.

When opportunities arise I prefer to "be in the drivers seat" so I can give an accurate account of the project as it progresses. I don't ask for deposits I only try to gauge interest and then make the appropriate business decision. I appreciate everyone's interest and still have hopes that this project will come together.

Awesome!

280Zone-

I didn't want my posting to sound like pity for a failed effort, and most sincerely hope it did not. I give props to anyone that puts forth the effort like the one seen here. Maybe what I left out was that John Washington sounds like he has the facility and already make some awesome body kits and pieces for s30s and s130s.

My suggestion was that if you have hit a bump with your current poc, then maybe someone should ask John. I would be happy to give him a call, but my reluctance lies in that my extent of involvement in this project is as a consumer/enthusiast. I would be more than happy to dedicate time to seeing this thing through, but I definitely do not have the finances to back it, even in part, or the skill to design or create.(kind of a fifth wheel)

On a side note; I have actually entertained the thought of learning the art of FG fabrication and possibly getting a hobby shop on the side that caters to the hybridz community... LOL,....yeah...that's not gonna happen:icon10:.

I hope that I have not spoken on John's behalf. I am simply trying to help in anyway I can. Projects like this motivate me, and if there is anyway I can provide assistance, please count me in.

V/R,

Sam

samuel.nine@conus.army.mil

sam9work@hotmail.com

A quick note to say that I was a little misinformed in making my last post.

280Zone is doing an awesome thing for the s130 guys and I want to state that it was in no way my intention to cast doubt on his venture. He definitely knows what he is doing has a great thing going. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Sorry for putting my foot in my mouth.

-Sam

Sam,

Let put yourself in my position and let see you will do it or not. I bought the kit for $400 from Japan and hand carried it back to the US. This is a rare kit and no one has it in the US and I am sending it away for reproduction .. huh.. why on earth do I want to do that right? In addition I have to put my own money out to pay for the shipping charge and I don't get anything out of this. Plus I am taking a risk of not seeing the kit again. I could have easiliy thrown this kit on ebay and get $600 or more for it and be done with it.

What I want to do is for all the guys who are definitely interest in the kit to put down a small amount of deposit. This would atleast cover the cost for shipping of the kit to 280Zone and to make it worth while for 280Zone to even start the work on this kit. I mentioned that this kit will require a lot of work before the mold can be pulled. I don't want this thing to end up like the IMSA 5 pieces kit group buy. I don't want 280Zone or anyone else to go thru all the trouble to build the mold and then only 5 people buy the kit. So if you are serious then send me a $20 deposit. Only if I have what I think is enough serious interest then I will send the money and the kit to 280Zone to start the process. Otherwise I will not waste my time and send money back to all of you. Sound good?

PS. If you don't trust your money with me you can PM Pete P., EvilC, 1TuffZ, qwik240z , slownrusty, VRJoe.

Boy, I feel like an a$$. I guess I totally came off the wrong way.

VinhZXT-

I can read the correspondence on hybridz, but I don't really know what is transpiring beyond that. I made a suggestion based off of 280Zone explaining that he is "considering this effort closed". I re-read this thread and again would like to apologize for the way I came across.

My suggestion came from the acclaim from John's work/products and interest. I assumed that his abilities and experience might compliment this effort. It was not to make anyone look bad.

I never expressed any mistrust/doubt in you. I am very sorry if that is what it seemed. I don't mind eating my words if I misspoke, which I did, I just don't want to be the bad guy. I can get very zealous about my interests and sometimes too hasty.

Please let me assure you that I really meant no ill will and was/am trying to encourage avenues to help this project to fruition.

I mentioned that I did not wish to speak on John's behalf, or anyone's but my own for that matter. I acknowledge now that if he had an interest in this, then he would have explained such and wish to not confuse this endeavor with any of his.

Again, I just want to say that I am all for this project and applaud everyone's effort.

V/R,

Sam

As most of you know communication over the internet can get confusing. My suggestion of "closure" was only to not wait on us if your project is moving forward. Obviously the air dam belongs to Vinh to do with as he pleases, I have only offered my services for repair, fit and finish work, mold creation and to make additional parts available.

My preference is to fund my portion on my own and gamble that I can make that investment back. Therfore I am very careful about what projects I select. Because of this, I can also guarantee I have my resources in place as it is very important for me to recover my investment.

So at this point I continue to urge people to move forward with their projects, if/when Vinh, Max and I pull a plan together we will update everyone on the details.

Thanks for everyone's interest and I will hope to hear from all of you again soon.

why would I pay for the g-nose when I can get this(in the 1st attachment) for half the price? your g-nose looks nothing like the second attachment wich is the real thing. it looks more rounded than yours and thats what the people want the g-nose for. Now if you can round your g-nose more than we can talk some worth while business. I know 4 people so far that want the rounder one and will pay good $ for it

whitezx_thumb.jpg

280zxg_noseburgendy_thumb.jpg

look for the blue ZX

http://www.auto-otaku.com/home/2008/01/index.html

why would I pay for the g-nose when I can get this(in the 1st attachment) for half the price? your g-nose looks nothing like the second attachment wich is the real thing. it looks more rounded than yours and thats what the people want the g-nose for. Now if you can round your g-nose more than we can talk some worth while business. I know 4 people so far that want the rounder one and will pay good $ for it

Nahh I'll wait for the Arita Speed Clone and at the end you'll end up paying the same price if not more with importing from Europe or Japan if you can translate the japanese text so no thanks, Plus the European G-Nose looks butt ugly when instaled and the Bomex clone literaly lost its flares after the cloning, I've seen the real bomex front for the S130 It looks a lot better than the copy:icon45: