HybridZ

Help finding electrical connectors - 240z Wiring

Dayz

Guys,

I need some help finding these connectors. I want to reuse the same socket, therefore in need of the same connectors! Where can I buy these and what are they called?

Butt con.

January212008075.jpg

Male

January212008064.jpg

Female

January212008057.jpg

I found this site while searching google regarding connectors, Do we have Pakard 56 Series?

http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/AutomotiveElectricalConnectors.htm

Thanks

Dayz

The first is a barrel clasp, the second is a "Male terminal and the third is a female.

The barrel connector should be available at the auto parts store, or cut a butt connector in half.

I sell the male and females for the Datsuns, as I am the one that makes the headlight upgrade harness's for the 240Z's (sold here and on classiczcars.com) I also use the males on the ZXP adaptor plug (280ZX altrernator adaptor plug that allows you to upgrade the 240Z altrernator to a 60 amp ZX alternator)

they are 0.20 cents each. How many do ya need? 5 for $1 ($1.50 for shipping all that you need.)

I also offer the 3-pin male and female plugs that those terminal go into. (pictured below) As well as the 6-pin plugs used on the Voltage regulator, wiper motor connection on the firewall, areas of the engine harness under the dash and the ignition switch. only the plug that holds the male terminals, the female 6-pin is NLA. unless you take one from a raped harness.

The 3-pins are $1.50 each and the 6-pin (pictured) is $2.25 each.

Let me know what ya need.

Dave.

Contact me at wolfin32z@yahoo.com

DSC04452_thumb.JPG

DSC04448 (Small)_thumb.JPG

DSC04450_thumb.JPG

DSC04449_thumb.JPG

• 6 months later...

HLS30-08077

Thanks for your answer, I haven't seen the thread and moved on. Guess what, I am back there now, Lol. I was wondering what type of crimping tool do you need to close these connectors?

Do you have any more, size. and... Or just the one for the Headlight wiring? I am doing a custom job on the wiring and need many style and size in small quantities.

Thanks

Dayz

HLS30-08077

Thanks for your answer, I haven't seen the thread and moved on. Guess what, I am back there now, Lol. I was wondering what type of crimping tool do you need to close these connectors?

Do you have any more, size. and... Or just the one for the Headlight wiring? I am doing a custom job on the wiring and need many style and size in small quantities.

Thanks

Dayz

Been awhile since I even saw this thread. Every thing you need is in the links below. They even sell the crimping tool required for the crimps. I use a KLIEN red/black handle crimper. I just use the crimper to close the loop holding the wire, then flip the crimper to properly crimp them shut all the way. Same on the end peice to hold the insulated end of the wire. Sounds weird but I've done it that way for over 5 years.

Have fun,

Dave.

http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/connectors.htm

and....

http://vintageconnections.com/mail_order_form.htm scroll down to the parts.

Thanks Dave, knew the second site but not the first one. Any idea where I can find the new style connectors...I got some old relays from the JY but need the install connectors in those and they are the new style, I have no clue what they are called.

Thanks again for your help,

Dayz

you lost me there, if you can take a picture of the connector or terminal in question, I'll have a lot better chance of answering correctly. I have single and dual relay sockets for your basic 12volt 5 and 4 pin relays but not sure if I'm familiar with the ones you need.

pictures please.

Dave.