HybridZ

Fuel pump still won't turn on

I can't figure out why my fuel pump is not kicking on. The only thing i have not yet changed is the ECU, and the ignition switch....could the ECU be the problem...

heres the list of all the parts i have changed

AFM

Oil Pressure sender

EFI Relay

Cold Start Valve

Fuel Filter

New fuel lines from the tank to engine

My problem is the pump will not recieve power when the key is turned to the on position, or when the key is turned to the start position.

I know it is not a ground because the switch i wired to the fuel pump only works off of the fuel pumps original ground. so today, I am going to try and trace some wires.

Volt ohm meter. Everything you have replaced was a good idea even if it did not solve the problem. Search for efi bible. There is a fuel pump cut off in the afm in case of accident. I believe that oil pressure sensor will cut fuel as well. Have you changed fuel pump relay? When ignition is on can you hear the relay kicking in?

This may help. I just installed an 2400 cc engine in a 1983 Maxima and the fuel pump would not work. Parts changed to a Z car pump and still no gas. Checked the Maxima Shop Manual and no under dash fuse for the fuel pump. Seems the electric fuel pump is wired into one of three fusible links under the hood. Grabbed some fusible links and replaced all three and gas flowed out ten feet before hitting the ground.

I changed the 40 amp, and the 80 amp fusible link on the passenger side of the car under the hood. Theres what looks to be a fusible link coming from the negative side of the battery and thats all of the fusible links i know of. are there any more than that under the hood

On my '77 there are to relays that control the fuel pump coming on. Well, actually one relay allows the other to come on which powers the pump. Ignition relay is passenger kick panel. The other relay is just above the vent handle by the flasher. The previous owner had pulled my ignition relay and jumpered all the wires, but couldn't get it to run. I bought it for $200 and tracked down the other relay. Replaced both relays and fired it up.

Hope it helps

what does the thermotime switch do...i was looking in the haynes manual, and that was included in the fuel injection system?? would that cause the fuel pump not to come on at all? well at this point i'm thinking it is the thermotime switch, or the throttle position sensor....but i don't think the tps has anything to do with the fuel pump does it????