HybridZ

Wide ZG-flares - where can I get them?

mull

I found this picture on here, can't remember where though, and I've been trying

to find the thread since I want to know who they belong to (the flares). Anyone

know where to get them? I just remember reading that they were rare.

th_78870_IMG_7765_122_156lo.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 280ZForce
I found this picture on here, can't remember where though, and I've been trying to find the thread since I want to know who they belong to (the flares). Anyone know where to get them? I just remember reading that they were rare.

th_78870_IMG_7765_122_156lo.jpg

Patience grasshopper...lol jk.

I don't have a thread on them yet, but as far as I know, have looked, have seen, researched countless hours myself, this is the only set possibly in the USA. I have not yet seen any other Z in any country for that matter sporting these flares through the thousands of pics I've seen online. I do know they were imported from Japan and I'm sure a limited amount were produced if any. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though.

But I have created molds of them and sometime in the near future I will announce to release some sets and a price tbd.

You can find some of the pics in the link below in my sig for cardomain.

Patience grasshopper...lol jk.

I don't have a thread on them yet, but as far as I know, have looked, have seen, researched countless hours myself, this is the only set possibly in the USA. I have not yet seen any other Z in any country for that matter sporting these flares through the thousands of pics I've seen online. I do know they were imported from Japan and I'm sure a limited amount were produced if any. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though.

But I have created molds of them and sometime in the near future I will announce to release some sets and a price tbd.

You can find some of the pics in the link below in my sig for cardomain.

Ok impatiently waiting.

ahem.... *We* created the molds, Justin. haha. These will be available when we have time to make them. My school schedule hasn't really been allowing for it recently. We'll let you know when that happens.

I hate being teased, I've thought of these flares all day. Put me on a list or something:smile: Are both the front and rear wider or just the rear?

Guest 280ZForce
I hate being teased, I've thought of these flares all day. Put me on a list or something:smile: Are both the front and rear wider or just the rear?

this is for REARS only, the fronts that originally came with them are even smaller than the MSA fronts. but you can purchase just the fronts from msa if you call and place the order. otherwise I'm thinking we might make molds of the normal fronts to sell as a kit if need be to eliminate the hassle. We'll see, we're still ironing out details when we can.

When I first saw them I thought they were these

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=129095

This was a post a while ago, about some wide flares that sold on E-bay. I believe they were special 432-R flares. The bolt holes look different on yours. I wonder if Alan (HS30-H) has any info about what they really are?

Jeff

Jeff,

They look very similar to the extra-wide version of the ZG-style rear overfenders developed and made by a small company called 'Marugen Shokai', based in Hokkaido, Japan. I have no idea where 280ZForce's rear overfenders were originally made, but they look very similar to the Marugen Shokai versions.......

This is a company with a very high reputation in Japan, renowned for producing some of the most accurate replicas of the original factory ZG parts on the market today.

They make an extra-wide version of the rear ZG factory-style overfender, and you can see it on one of the pages of their website, here:

http://home.att.ne.jp/sky/FairladyZ/Body/Bodymain.htm

Thanks for that link Alan. Those parts look so good. The doors are amazing. These are the type of parts I have been looking for. Now if I could only find a way to get some of them over here?

It’s scary how much you know about these cars.

Jeff