HybridZ

Sidedraft help?

cobraz240z

:windows: We do need to get some more info from you. Does it do this while stopped? Or does it happen when it is running? Have you looked at any of the sites to learn how to adjust the floats? The fuel pressure for your webers should be less then 3 pounds for street driven cars. I have gone as low as 2 pounds for 45 DCOEs. When was the last time they where rebuilt? Anything you can tell us will help. Good Luck, Rich.:wink:

OK, It is leaking. Where is it leaking from? Out of the throat? From the bottom?

How are you setting the float level? Could your floats be damaged and have absorbed gas causing them to sit lower in the fuel bowl? Do you have a heat shield? The gas may be boiling in the bowl.

the best info for sidedraft carb tuning I have found is at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sidedraft_central/

if its a float issue it would leak out of both throttle bores, right? (unless one was pluged with gum or somthing) sounds to me like the idle screw isnt adjusted correctly or something along those lines. you prob should just look everything over, and if you cant see anything wrong, pull it apart and rebuild it

I do not have a fuel return or heat shield or a fire ex but i don't think its the gas boiling it does it even if I barely turn it on i'm going to play with it today see what i could do. I'm hoping its a vacumm leak since my setup uses o rings insteat of gaskets