HybridZ
deja

DNI video Wayne's 454 twin turbo

deja    121

Wayne never did get his car to run right, but it is still a thing of beauty and he will get the bugs worked out. I know he worked for 48 hours with only 2 hours sleep to get the car ready for DNI.

http://www.dejavideo.net/280z8/dni-rytherwr.wmv

I have limited bandwidth on my server so please DO NOT try to stream these videos! Right Click on the file and choose 'Save Target As' to download the video.

rytherwr    18

Hey, Doc, don't mean to ignore you, just got back at my connection. Changed over from FI to blow-through carb..got it running about 0800 Sun morning, slung it on a trailer and figured I could tune it at the track. Made a 660 foot pass and it was running a little more lean than I wanted so I tried adjusting the fuel pressure up from 7 psi to 9 psi. for some reason, the pressure spiked to about 11 while I was doing the burnout and went way rich. Some of the videos show the black smoke...and I couldn't ever get the regulator adjusted right after that.

The blow-through was meant to be a short term fix just for DNI because my FI took a dump on me Friday night and didn't think I had time to fool with it...will fool around with this set-up for a bit to see if I can suss it out but intent is to put the FI back on and tune it correctly. I appreciate your thoughts.

If the truth was known, it is more than likely operator head space and I did something stupid in the process of changing over. I'll get it figured out...just takes a couple of two by fours in the head :o

Wayne