HybridZ
JMortensen

If you don't KNOW the answer, don't GUESS

Careless    217

Thats a good example, Tony.

I wasn't saying that people on HybridZ are the people who do this frequently, just saying that I've seen it on every forum, and I like HybridZ.

I donated to support HZ because I feel that if I help keep this site up (with the rest of the visitors and donators), we could all NOT have to relearn stuff by using some good info from everyone else and to essentially keep some irons in the fire on all the stuff that has trouble us, until we bring em to a nice shine. :-)

Doesn't have to be super special info, but ya know :D

Gollum    23

:Raises Hand:

"Guilty as charged your honor"

Many of us have a habbit of guessing from time to time. I don't think edison made a light bulb without a few guesses along the way.

But I stand behind the point of this thread entirely. Guessing when someone else knows the answer just steers people in the wrong direction all day long. Our information needs to be as clear as possible so that it's as effective as it can be.

I for one tend to have a hard time lettings questions go unanswered. If I see a question, I'm inclined to share what I do know, even though sometimes it's very little. I also try to preface my posts with something like "I'm no expert" or "I think, but I'm not sure". Hopefully this has kept me from the wrath of the mods. I know the mods are busy, but if I was ever told to change my posting style or shut up more, I'm sure I could muster it. ;)

But other message boards suffer from this much worse than we do usually. People just spewing out something they heard and calling it a fact. This should be a message board built out of proven fact, not mythical fact.

BSD    10

I will say that this forum for the most part has very accurate and indepth information from what I have found out and read on most automotive forums, which is pretty rare... unlike some other forums..

Most things can be found from the search function. *thumbs up*

Being new to these cars, I have learned alot in the small time i've been here.

Thanks for all the help so far guys! :burnout:

Guest 73LT1Z   
Guest 73LT1Z

I for one tend to have a hard time lettings questions go unanswered. If I see a question, I'm inclined to share what I do know, even though sometimes it's very little. I also try to preface my posts with something like "I'm no expert" or "I think, but I'm not sure". Hopefully this has kept me from the wrath of the mods. I know the mods are busy, but if I was ever told to change my posting style or shut up more, I'm sure I could muster it. ;)

I feel the same way, and appreciate those that will help out in this way. If it wasn't for this mindset, I would never have gotten the tach on my Supra working. I learned a lot here by searching/reading & also sharing what I can after I tried something (I have found it is beneficial to indicate what doesn't work even if you don't know what does). With 1.9 scratch built Chevy V8 swaps, I'm used to breaking new ground and figuring stuff out for myself. We are really fortunate to have all the support and info in a mature forum such as this one.

One thing I would add is not to condemn someone for posting relevant info in an "old" thread. I have often found answers to current issues (for me) with threads that were months or years old. Sometimes info/parts change, or there may be a "better" right answer for the specific application. Accordingly, if you post an obscure question (i.e. airspeed of a European swallow ;)), if you find out the answer somewhere else, return to your thread and post the answer for the rest of us.