HybridZ
Accurate Injection

It's official Chevy 4.2ltr into a 70 Z Car! Need help Guys!

These clutches are very strong. They are used in 800+ hp dirt late model cars. My question is the streetabilty of it. Theres no slipping the clutch for an easy take off. They are on or off and they squeel but I am sure they used a different clutch material to address that.

Thats funny..... When I saw this thread had come up in my subscribed threads list, my initial reaction was "Well, hey, that one kinda stalled...." :lmao:

Hahaha Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! She was born in 1969, her name is Gertrude, currently she is getting Lowered, Coil overs, Disk Brakes all the way around, installing Twin SU Replacement EFi on the bone stock 1600 to start, then I have a NEW 2.3ltr stroker motor to go in behind it, with Dual 45mm Weber EFi replacements, both motors will be Crank fired, with no Dizzy, and have knock sensor retard This is the first install of the NEW Extrudabody Electronics. So all is well here, just the Z is on Hold!

The Crank Trigger Wheel, and new Aluminum Pulley turned out Nice!

On the Clutch Disk set-up? I talked to the MFG of the Clutches and Disk mentioned above at the PRI Show at length, and the Torque Specs on the Dealers Website is way over stated, they are not reccommending these Clutch/Disk Combo be used in Turbo motors over 500lbs of Torque at all!

So guys do your Homework, and talk to the MFG first!

Kevin

Unfortunately No! Project is on Hold, I have a new Baby! 5 lbs- 10 Ozs!!!!!!! Will update a little later!

Careless your Close! It's a RB25! :)

Kevin

congratulations! now all u need are some baby bottle extrusions with different nipple-feed taper sizes and a choice of different bottle neck threads and she'll be happy :D

RB25 one is cool, I think there's someone in the RB forums who has a 25DE that might be interested. R31 guys would be too!

Hahahahahah! Good One! :)

That's Cool on the other Forums, never know who is trolling the forums or what you might see! :)

Here's some of our 3D Work, and something a little different!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160309559792&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=

Baby Extrusions!!!!!!!!!! :)

Kevin

There's surely no market in what I am doing for the DIME! :)

Kevin

Can't blame ya there; your NOT the only 510 guy out there ;)

I am trying hard to convince my uncle to pony up fr the cost of an SU replacement and a megasquirt for his street roadster, but I don't know if I can convince him to take the plunge... Most likely if we do, it will be using a pair of JY TBIs, going the homebrew method, but I've shown him your stuff and he likes it (who doesn't?)

Yeah Well my Best Bud, owns a Cherry 510 and I can't get him to take the plunge either! :) He was down this past weekend helping me in the shop, and every time I caught him staring at the engine Compartment of mine, I would hit him with a Shop towel, and yell There wipe the drool off the fender! Subtle Hint I know! :)

Kevin

I hear ya on the Auto-X, I had the BMW with ITB's Screaming the other Day on a TEST Drive and it Spit a Valve Spring at 7000 rpm, and the Dime is getting a new HEAD this week, seems like when Sh#$ happens it all happens at once around here! :(

Here's a Fun Thread........ looking forward to seeing what this does: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268384

Kevin

Hi I know this is an old tread and I have been working on my 4.2L (on the stand) with the help of:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?100227-Limequat-s-4.2l-I6-Swap

a guy that did the swap on a Supra. Lots of good information.

PS I am Z crazy and I also have a L28T with a Jim Wolf setup and a Turbonetics turbo, a Titan 5.6L DOHC V-8 (23K miles),4.6 DOHC with GT42, 5.4L DOHC (TBA), 99 LS1, and a Mecedes Benz 3.6L Berabus stroker inline 6 (It also has clearance problems...Modified oil pan and ITB's (which I have already). Way too many but it gives me a lot of things to do.

Here are some pictures of the 5.4L just sitting in the engine bay for a look at clearances (the way it sits now in the pictures I have 6-8" from the back or the engine to the firewall. And I did some photoshop on the hood and the scoop.

post-2541-054881500 1278350714_thumb.jpg

post-2541-067015100 1278350725_thumb.jpg

post-2541-066631200 1278350737_thumb.jpg

post-2541-046222300 1278350748_thumb.jpg

post-2541-035098100 1278350760_thumb.jpg

post-2541-094054100 1278350767_thumb.jpg

Edited by notheredave

Hi I know this is an old tread and I have been working on my 4.2L (on the stand) with the help of:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?100227-Limequat-s-4.2l-I6-Swap

a guy that did the swap on a Supra. Lots of good information.

PS I am Z crazy and I also have a L28T with a Jim Wolf setup and a Turbonetics turbo, a Titan 5.6L DOHC V-8 (23K miles),4.6 DOHC with GT42, 5.4L DOHC (TBA), 99 LS1, and a Mecedes Benz 3.6L Berabus stroker inline 6 (It also has clearance problems...Modified oil pan and ITS (which I have already). Way too many but it gives me a lot of things to do.

Here are some pictures of the 5.4L just sitting in the engine bay for a look at clearances (the way it sits now in the pictures I have 6-8" from the back or the engine to the firewall. And I did some photoshop on the hood and the scoop.

PSS Here are some pictures of the Supra:

post-2541-071421300 1278351579_thumb.jpg

post-2541-036038600 1278351606_thumb.jpg

post-2541-057548800 1278351634_thumb.jpg

Brabus stroker inline 6 (It also has clearance problems...Modified oil pan and ITS (which I have already).

:blink: Interested. Can you send me a PM on this info, I'd rather not clutter up this thread? I'd really like to know how you like this setup.