HybridZ

I'm so pissed! the whole side of the Z has been keyed

Lazeum

It happened this evening. The whole passenger side of the car is keyed. The paint is gone, I can see the bare metal now :fmad:

It pisses me off to find my car like this. Some people are really retarded, they have no dignity.

The paint was in awesome condition, the whole car is... I mean was very nice. :cry2:

What do you guys advise?

I'm going to file a complain with the cops tomorrow, call the insurance and see if I can fix the mess.

Worst part is that I'm planning to leave the country soon with the car, so I don't have much time to fix it.

What would need to be done? Can a body shop fix the damaged areas or will they have to repaint half of the car to make this **** disappears?

I need some input, please help :-(

I can just let you know that my car or not, the next one I see damaging a car will not be safe with me around!!!

Here is the mess :(

dsc02610.jpg dsc02611.jpg dsc02612.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That in my opinion is a hangin' offense, and I hope that whoever did it gets his just rewards. Beyond that a good paint/repair shop should be able to fix that at a much more reasonable cost than repainting the side of the car.

Good luck and may karma be relitively instant.

Dragonfly

sorry to hear about your miss fortune, some helpful advise if i may. most body shops can fix keyed cars in a day, but it also depends on how far they are booked in advanced. i know in colorado its dead slow in all the body shops. its very simple to fix scratches, but it takes alot of time to do it, because you have to feather out the edges of the scratches.

once you do this then you have to prime it to even out the paint levels and finally color and clear. you could do it yourself if you have the time and knowledge but since you have little time before you leave, i would call some shops and see what time frame there looking at. good luck i hope everything works out for you.

Guest Fenivision

Damn ... I hate those people.

I bought my Bimmer Dec. 29th and it got keyed, spat on and they put a dent in the roof on new years eve, and I didn't even know anybody here yet, as I had only moved here from Europe two weeks earlier.

I don't understand how people can do something like this ...... just doesn't make any sense.

I know in Europe good paint shops can make it disappear, so I figure it'll work here too ;) (Shouldn't take more time than a day)

Just hope you can get that done soon.

Thanks guys for your support :)

I'll do everything I can tomorrow to fix this mess as soon as I can. I hope they can do it within one week which would be awesome... It still money I did not expect to spend :(

Stupid part is that I was going to have a meeting with some locals to see others Z and share ideas tomorrow night... It's going to be probably without my Z :(

Regarding the paint, it's the Red paint of the Dodge Viper. It looks orange on the pictures but it's only red ;)

My friend was parked next to me with an Audi TT, they did not touch his car... I believe the idiot who did that intentionnaly targeted my Z :(

The sucks for sure.

It happened to me back in the 60s to my VW bug of all cars. I pretty much knew who did it but I never did figure out why and had no proof. Back then insurance companies did more than just take your money, they paid to have the whole car painted except for the roof which wasn't damaged.

Thanks again guys :)

I'm going to see the cops right now. There are cameras everywhere where this happened. Maybe the idiot has been caught on tape. I'll let you know ;)

The insurance is covering the damage, deductibles are $100, I guess it's not that bad ;)

Thanks again guys :)

I'm going to see the cops right now. There are cameras everywhere where this happened. Maybe the idiot has been caught on tape. I'll let you know ;)

The insurance is covering the damage, deductibles are $100, I guess it's not that bad ;)

Good to hear. Just curious, will reporting this affect your premiums?

To fix key scratches, you just need to dry/wet sand down to where you don't "feel" the scratch and then spray a new coat.

That is so wrong...I really just can't imagine what would posses a person to do such a thing. I mean really, I see a beautiful car I admire the car, not get jealous and dig a key into the side of it. I can't afford a really nice car like that, but I hope that one day I can and if someone did that to my car there would be no end to hunt that would pursue.

I come back from the collision shop.

They need 2 weeks to fix it. It's going to cost $1400 to the insurance.

Since the paint is gone, wet sand and clear coat are not enough. Some paint is required.

The next 2 weeks will be long :(

The good: I met my first s30 this year, a 240 with a driver who waved at me and give me a thumb up (He could not see the scrach from that far ;) )

Aggggghhhh! That makes me angry as hell just to look at it. Can't imagine how i would feel if it were mine! So sorry. No worrie though. People like that always get it in the end!

What kinda wheels are you running? Size? Look really nice. Have any other pictures? I likey!

Years ago, someone keyed my Mustang I had just bought (beautiful silver pearl). Best looking car I had ever gotten up to that point and someone keys it -TWICE- a week apart! I finally guessed they didn't like having to walk around it because it was blocking the sidewalk (had two cars in the driveway and not enough room to park on the street- they keyed the rear hatch, below the spoiler). Nicest thing I had ever gotten in my life, and some a*hole just decides to sh*t on me. Still makes me mad.

Judging from how nice your car looks, it was just some jealous prick.

This is my first classic car. In Michigan they are hard to find in this shape. I was looking for the one for 3.5 years before to purchase it. I own it for 8 months now, I haven't found yet a weak spot with rust. So I'm exactly in the same situation than you with your Mustang.

The tokens regarding the shape of the car have to be for the previous owner but I'm still working on fixing little stuffs we don't see (but that we can feel like brakes, shifter, tach or smell like the gas hoses). I'm also going to make sure it remains that good ;)

It's definitely some haters who wanted to destroy something nice.

Regarding my wheels, I was going to get rid of them but nobody wants them so I'll keep them (I'm going to get a smaller set of rims => 15")

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=131092

If you're interested => MP and make an offer ;)