HybridZ

Retro-spec

v8260z

Has anyone had problems with the company Retro-spec? I purchased a carbon fiber taillight panel weeks ago and can't get anyone to answer the phone. They did reply to 2 emails and keep giving me the run around on the shipping date. The last reply said they manufacture in Mexico...WTF? I hope I'm not getting ripped on my $336 purchase!

Here is a copy of their last reply

Hi sean , an apology we had some transportation logistic troubles , we manufacture in mexico, we sent parts ounce time for week , your part should be shipped tomorrow saturday in the night or monday earlier.

Trust me your will glad and happy with your part , later ill send you pictures of your part.

thanks/Edson/Retro-spec team

----- Original Message ----

To: sales@retro-spec.net

Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 10:46:12 AM

Subject: Item #0000001200

Can You PLEASE reply with an update for my order of the 280z tail light panel. All I have is a receipt for payment of $336.99 to you. The last time we spoke you needed 2 days to complete the panel. Has the item shipped yet? Please respond!!! Thank You...

SEAN HYMA

811 MISSISSIPPI ST.

SOUTH HOUSTON, TEXAS

I always feel wary when I hear a response with word logistics in it, and apparently the person Doesn't know english very well, another sign of trouble , when the person in charge of responding to inquiries can't respond properly.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... You would never know it from the website though. As far as I know they are the only company (if they are a real company) that makes a 1 piece carbon fiber tail light panel for the 260-280z. I guess I took my chances and I may have lost my money. If that's the case their website address should be removed from the list here on Hybrid-Z.