HybridZ

Questions about heater motor/Fiberglass/Damn Random Switch.

mojus

Hey all - Long time reader, first time poster. I just jumped in to Z ownership head first by purchasing 3 Z's for $750 each. Two run and drive and the 3rd needs a fuel pump. All of them have their own character (read rust) and personality (read random missing parts). The 77 and 78 are getting put back on the road while the 76 is getting sourced for parts.

So to start I have a few misc. interior questions that I can't seem to find answers to through searching google or here.

1. Any issues with swaping the heater control unit from a 76 280z with factory installed AC to a 78 280z with Dealer installed AC? My problem is the motor speed switch is toast and I can't seem to find a replacement for the 3 speed switch. The 76 is a parts car with a working fan switch but it is 4 speed. If I made the swap whould I need to swap the resister in the fan housing also?

2. Will fiberglass hold to the center console plastic? I have read both ways on this, some say yes, and others say it will delaminate in a few years. Any tips to repairing those cracks/breaks?

3. What is that damn random switch on the console? All three of my cars have this switch under the radio and it's always a different type of switch. It certainly doesn't look factory to me!