HybridZ

Isuzu Intercooler

MaTTSuN

got my big isuzu intercooler mounted today

welded some "nuts" onto my new frame and welded some other "nuts" into some tube and bobs ur uncle got me a sterdy front mount its rock solid and should act as a good bumper haha jk

intercool7_thumb.jpg

intercool5_thumb.jpg

intercool8_thumb.jpg

intercool9_thumb.jpg

intercool10_thumb.jpg

im going to make a air tunnel so it all goes into the rad after the intercooler

if it ends up being a prob its not to hard to switch it.

not sure what its off of my buddy picked it up for me from a truck pretty sure it was an isuzu or a gmc same thing i think...

the angle gives me a nice....er shot to the holes for the tubing if it was closer on the top i would have to hack the rad suport up after i got the hood on i saw i could have raised it up a little for more ground clearence but im going to put a front spliter on the bottom so that should protect it a little more

i dont think im going to run it 2 low for street driving anyways

• 3 weeks later...

ok im done all the pipe i went through 3 - 2 1/2" U bends and a calidascope of cutting disks . I could prob make it allot faster now that i dont have to make it again ha

anyways here are some pics

i was going with the hot side into the intercooler at the begining but i didnt like that set up so i went for this way so the cold air has a straight shot into the intake and i think this looks better

enjoy

Matt

IMG_0561_thumb.JPG

IMG_0562_thumb.JPG

IMG_0563_thumb.JPG

IMG_0564_thumb.JPG

IMG_0565_thumb.JPG

IMG_0569_thumb.JPG

IMG_0567_thumb.JPG

IMG_0566_thumb.JPG

IMG_0568_thumb.JPG

IMG_0570_thumb.JPG

IMG_0573_thumb.JPG

IMG_0574_thumb.JPG

IMG_0575_thumb.JPG

Looks good. Mounting at an angle like that might make it easier to funnel the air into the intercooler. It would be easier to block of the gaps between the hood, headlight buckets, airdam, to the IC.

I might have to got the same route you did on the lower radiator support. Mine is somewhat smashed up.

thanks

i like what you did with those little pocket block offs up front ill prob be doing that in the near future

the way i mounted it was because thats the way it fits the best

i hope it gives me good cooling, it was allot of fun doing my first major part installs and fab

next the frame rails hehe

i did my first warm up test with the new fan and rad just idle and a bit of reving

works very well

we will see when it get a little hotter

i love how on one side of the intercooler is warm and the other is still col "air temp"

cant wait to take he for the first spin with the intercooler