HybridZ
Guest TerminalVelocity

Painless or not? (wiring harness)

nice, just the thread ive been searching for.

i know the basics as far as wiring and electric theory (mecp cert). but what i dont know, is what would i need for my car? i plan on having a full system (subs, amps, deck, balancer), as well as a rb26 swap. i know that i will probably have to build my own wiring for the engine (want to run apexi powerfc), but how will all that work together with a custom wiring setup?

Lloyd

nice, just the thread ive been searching for.

i know the basics as far as wiring and electric theory (mecp cert). but what i dont know, is what would i need for my car? i plan on having a full system (subs, amps, deck, balancer), as well as a rb26 swap. i know that i will probably have to build my own wiring for the engine (want to run apexi powerfc), but how will all that work together with a custom wiring setup?

Lloyd

I would get the engine with its harness, then install it into the vehicle, and begin removing the vehicle's wiring as needed. Then evaluate what level of wiring harness you need to purchase, and go from there.

I have close to zero skills with working on any car. I ask really dumb questions too. I ordered an EZ wiring kit with the mini version and it took me awhile but it got everything working. 5thegenluder has a build thread with good notes on how to connect the EZ kit to the Datsun wiring.