HybridZ

78 280z RB25det Engine swap,

ReefsRocket

Want to Swap something into my 78 280z which im fixing up,Preferably for drifting and going fast Period So handling/weight would be a factor.Im Looking into the following swap the most...RB25det (quick 285hp,still nissan/i6,) But motor mounts are expensive.I could have some made but i dont know how good theyd come out.#1 How hard is it of a swap?#2How much boost can be safely ridden with stock turbo and engine with IC?#3How does it handle?#4 Is Neo-Tech a good place for imported engines?#5And of coures how quick is it really?

first, this thread makes my brain hurt, but instead of asking you to search here are my answers:

RB25 does not make 285 hp stock. Try more like 250 at the crank, or a conservative 215-220 to the wheels. The swap is not hard- if you've done your research and have some motor swap experience, neither of which your questions indicate you having.

The stock turbo can pump about 12-14 psi before the ceramic wheel becomes an issue. I can't give you a reasonable answer as to how much "boost" the stock motor can handle, thats a really open ended question.

The car itself will handle as good as you build it, obviously you'll have to account for the change in setup, but its nothing that cannot be corrected.

Never heard of neo-tech.

Its quick.

Pirate pretty much said it all but here is my two cents :)

i did mine in two days :D i ran 27psi on my rb25 but definately not on the stock turbo. Mine was fast as hell but then im not running the stock ecu either. Stock clutch can't handle much more power over stock, at 11psi on my t3/t4 hybird was all it could hold anything over that and it would slip.