Pics: 2008 Datsun 240z concept car

mull

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would be much nicer...but would also be a bitch to make.........if not impossible to stamp at a reasonable expense! Perhaps composite would work better.

Amazing! I'll take one for sure. I do think the headlight buckets would look better integrated into the fenders though.

Just a thought GRID...could you add the fender flares that synthtk has on his car. That may really top it off and I would love to see if it works.

Cheers to your work!!:cheers:

Thx for all the comments, and nice to see that my renderings had spread here :)

Seriously! Nice work!

The front end kills it.

Push your design further.......

More high classy, Jap/Ital. More shark attack, More paint down low. Black plastic appearance surfaces suck and less euro boxy blah.

Though I have to confess it's better the the current 350z.

You asked.

(oh no i didn't) :)

I can imagine this retro car...

being made entirely of composites and light as hell. Keep it small like the original and give it a lighweight normally aspirated 4 cylinder engine.

<1800lbs and <200HP for a driver's retro 240Z.

Spartan, light, and affordable.

With looks like that it will sell! I love the design. Like many, I try to imagine slightly different lines and treatments, but that design has been tastefully developed into a beautiful form.

It might need some sort of integrated bumper.

It also has the gaping maw of the original. That does not work well for aerodynamics. You might look to the 280ZX for a more workable front end design.

You might look to the 280ZX for a more workable front end design.

You're kidding, right? Kinda kills the whole "240Z Concept" does'nt it?

I I totally understand your reasoning but the ZX is a square box, compared to the smooth lines of the original. That's just me though. I love the design but have issues with the rear louvers. Maybe a short window design or something else but no louvers.

JM2C.

Dave.

Speaking of new cars...last week I saw my first Challenger ...plum!! ...WOW!!!..

I need a bigger garage!

Very cool,but I'll keep my 240,and hold out for the new Trans Am....[ATTACH]7037[/ATTACH]