Pics: 2008 Datsun 240z concept car

mull

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as i love it, realistically, do you think Nissan would built something like this today?

I don't know the answer. Just throwing it out there.

I'd love it if they did---it's sure better than the squashed-bug-look Nissan currently has. I'm not a fan of the new Z, but this rendering is exactly what I think of when I think "retro." I'd love to have a car like this one. A twin turbo RB motor is exactly what it needs. Looks-wise, I'll take it "as is."

Davy

Look at Chevy with the 2010 Camaro, and the retro Ford Mustangs.

Nissan brought back the GTR.

I think it would be smart to bring back an ICON from the 70's. I'm sure a lot of the kids who wanted them back then have enough money now to buy one.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to post in an ''old'' topic but this has to be the best retro concepts i've seen. I think it removes a lot of the things i don't really like on the s30 like the eyes that are to far away from eachother and the narrow stance. Also the taillights give it a much lower and wider look then the old square taillights. It seems strange but most of the time i see a car and like the front but hate it how designers rarely get the rear of the car looking good. Well in this concept its just the other way although the front looks good it's a bit too wild for the rest of the car, but the rear is absolutely lovely. It looks like some parts of it could even be done on a vintage s30 Z. So has anyone tried it? The widebody and the headlights look do-able in my eyes. Only the taillights and louvres may be a bit difficult to incorporate. Also do you guys know if the designer will allow you to fabricate parts inspired on his design?

grtz,

opgedronken

Someone email this to Nissan already.. I think any of the higher ups there would crap their pants at this concept. Although it reminds me of the concept they tried that did not gain much popularity http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/63/Conceptz.jpg

That was just the first design iteration of the 350Z; my understanding is that vehicle led directly to the 350Z that we all know and love/hate today. Nissan's North American design studio came up with that, threw it at the boys in Tokyo, and the 350Z was born a few years later. I still have the first car magazine that mentioned that "reborn 240Z."

Anyone see the new BMW Z4 hardtops (not the convertible)?

They look like somewhat of an update of the 240/260/280 coupe concept.

It's especially poetic because it is designed by BMW...

I definitely agree. I remember when the Z4 was coming out they had profile shot of it in MotorTrend and I was looking at it thinking, that looks so much more like a new Z than the 350Z does. Now we just need someone with some good fab skills to buy a Z4 and custom fab up a front end, etc and turn that into a new age Z. I think it already comes with a 2.8L inline-6.

one of the things that almost lead to the demise of Nissan was making the z to expensive in the mid 90's. It was designed to be an affordable sports car for those who could not afford something like a vette. or a euro coupe. and though i would love to see a tt 380z, if Nissan were to use the skyline engine, it would push the price of the Z to probably around 50k (just a guess for a hand built tt engine). I think the most reasonable way to build this z (if it were to ever happen) is to make it in a factory styled manor, for consistent engines, and machine assembled. honestly i think , actually hope, the next z is similar to this but slimmer, and have a longer hood like the old z's and have the hood open reverse, raise it up so it doesn't scrape a curb and make the rear hatch steeper like a crossfires back end but more refined, and then add options to it but allow it to be modifiable none of this touch a part or swap a wheel and the gtr wont even start crap that nissan is leaning to the point of a sports car like the z is that it is well built from the factory but theres potential from there on. im seriously worried that the next z will be a load of techno crap that the extremest that designed the skyline with the slogan " the gtr we make is the only gtr that is road worthy"

sorry about the ranting

i think the 432 paint scheme is one of those " it looked better on the old car" things

try a dark grey with a silver or white hood

what Nissan OUGHT to do with the 350 Z is leave it bloody well alone, if anything CHEAPEN it up a bit, and let it sit as is, unchanged, and drop the price.

They NEED a CHEAP sports car, and they have for 20 years. The 350Z has to have paid for its tooling already, so leave it more or less alone, yank the fancy crap out of it, and drop the tag. If someone who wants a Nissan wants to spend a chunk of change, they can buy a GT-R.

The motor out of the mini cooper has a HUGE aftermarket parts supply. Same with VW motors. NUMBERS are the key to making a vehicle cheap, and if a car company were to commit to their customer base enough to MANUFACTURE the products that breed loyalty, then the customers will follow them. Look what happened to honda because of the Civic, and that wasn't even that worthy an automobile (speaking strictly from performance POV; I love the civic as an automobile for its combination of numbers, reliability, and economy)

bah, probably nobody cares. i'll shutup now.