HybridZ

J.C Whitney Cheap Seats $159.99/pair

Guest 73LT1Z

i orderd mine less than 24 hours ago and they were still buy one get one free... unless something changed in the last 24 hours you can still get the deal. just follow various links to get to the page. i got mine free shipping which was offered by them as well. mine will be here tomorrow so i will post pics of how i mount them direcetly to the floor boards to save head room.

i already did an install of z31 seats in a 280 that sat completly on the floor for my dads 280zx. he is tall so he needed all the head room he could get. the seats put the window frame at my shoulder. they are mounted LOW. sliders are still fully functional and everything. its hard for me at 5'10" to see over the nose car his are mounted so low. i love the way his car feels when you sit in the seats so mine will be just like that. fabrication is the whole name of the game. by replacing the floor boards with flat sheets of steel you can lower the seats a full two to three inches which is worlds of difference on head room. its alot of work supporting everything but the end product on a s130 is amazing. ill post pics after im finished.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just checked the sight... still available. here is the link.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2007299/c-10101/Nty-1/p-2007299/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10101/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=racing+seats

buy all you wish all the colors are still available as well

just click on the info/buy button and select the color you want. it will add it to your cart and give you free shipping, but there is a twenty some dollar sur charge because it is a bulk item. good luck guys these seats look like a great deal.

this is the part number for the black seats: ZX349959

They are no longer buy one get one free! Maybee they will go back on sale.

don't use the link on the 1st post. The "deal" is still active. They just repost it on a new page, so the old address won't work. just search racing seats and you can find it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally put mine in. They fit ok, they do rub on the door a little. I also noticed if I were to cut the inner knob off it would provide more room to go back. All I did was enlargen the factory mounting holes and brace them with a piece of steel with a hole in the middle(picture a really thick washer). I just might cut the inner knobs off this weekend.

I ordered at set at the "original sale price" a few weeks ago. Maybe JC Whitney caught on to the price. I fabricated my original frame rails to the seats but they were way too high. I took the seats to my local upholstery shop and they trimmed some foam and adjusted the metal pieces supported the seat portion of the seat. Fit so much better. I should've bought two pairs.

Julius

• 1 year later...

I know this post is over a year old but they still have them on the website.

Search racing seats, they are $269 a pair.

Now thoes of you who have had them now for over a year have they held up?

Are they still comfortable?

Long drive comfort?

How about for the caloricaly challenged? ( heavier/ ok fat people)?

I'm 245Lbs 5'-10"

Thanks,

Greg