HybridZ
Mikelly

R230 Install....Tech info for those interested...

Terry, here is the text I posted before about part #'s- It was in this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=93863&page=2&highlight=powertrain+industries

Speaking of adapting the 6 bolt R230 300ZXTT, You do not have to machine your own adapter. There is a nice one you can get from Powertrain Industries. They are used to convert to a one-piece driveshaft, (the ZX had a 2-piece with weird joint in back). However, they are always backordered and takes about 1-2 months. Plan ahead and order it early in your swap. EDIT: Uses a 1310 series U-joint.

Here is the contact:

Part #3102-42

http://www.powertrainindutries.com

(714) 893-4585

7532 Anthony Ave.

Garden Grove, CA 92841

Price is steep at $116.

You will also have a hard time finding 10 X 1.25 X 25 Allen head bolts. The round head is necessary to clear the yoke. I searched everywhere and finally went with Gardner Wescott 1-800-521-9805. 10 X 1.25 X 30 Chrome grade 8 was all they had and were $2.46 each! But they look cool!

hello everyone,

Well it's been a while but I just can't stay away from the forum, I still have my ole' z and still have the itch to make it just a little better...lol. Anyway, I just purchased the r230 lsd so I have to get hunting on the rest of the swap parts. I plan on getting the flange adapters from modern motorsports but the axles, 310.00 ouch! I believe someone said 100.00 for shortening a set but was wondering if anyone has a definite length measurment for this? and what have you done for end stops?

thanks.

Guest zfan

Just doing some searching around and found this old thread. Ha, can't grenade a 300ZXT r200 rear end I believe someone said. Well I did on a measly 365 rwhp. The rear end I used was like new as I pulled it apart before installing, clean as a whistle and tight too.

Couple of hard launches with the slicks and poof...gone.

I am either going solid axle or r230. Talked to the guy at Arizona Z and he said hopefully they will have a kit that allows the Ford 8.8 to go into a Z in approx. 6 months. I Can't wait!

Mike

Just doing some searching around and found this old thread. Ha' date=' can't grenade a 300ZXT r200 rear end I believe someone said. Well I did on a measly 365 rwhp. The rear end I used was like new as I pulled it apart before installing, clean as a whistle and tight too.

Couple of hard launches with the slicks and poof...gone.

I am either going solid axle or r230. Talked to the guy at Arizona Z and he said hopefully they will have a kit that allows the Ford 8.8 to go into a Z in approx. 6 months. I Can't wait!

Mike[/quote']

Mike did Arizona Z ever get the kit made?

Terry

When swapping the Q45 vlsd into a long nose r200 casing does the shaft length change or is it the same? Also i was wonder how this swap is holding up i got spacers for the ring gear and ready to send out the shafts to get them resplined and want to make sure i got the right lengths. I know that the passenger side is longer than the drivers side. Can someone provide the lengths so i can compaire. I want to get the companion flanges from MM.

Those billet flangs just look so sweet!

i think u mean; http://www.powertrainindustries.com/search.htm

Speaking of adapting the 6 bolt R230 300ZXTT, You do not have to machine your own adapter. There is a nice one you can get from Powertrain Industries. They are used to convert to a one-piece driveshaft, (the ZX had a 2-piece with weird joint in back). However, they are always backordered and takes about 1-2 months. Plan ahead and order it early in your swap. EDIT: Uses a 1310 series U-joint.

Here is the contact:

Part #3102-42

www.powertrainindutries.com

(714) 893-4585

7532 Anthony Ave.

Garden Grove, CA 92841

Price is steep at $116.

You will also have a hard time finding 10 X 1.25 X 25 Allen head bolts. The round head is necessary to clear the yoke. I searched everywhere and finally went with Gardner Wescott 1-800-521-9805. 10 X 1.25 X 30 Chrome grade 8 was all they had and were $2.46 each! But they look cool!

Just an update. No word on the Ford 8.8 but I did get this from Dave over at ArizonaZ today.

We're working right now on a whole big parts set for the Z32 diff etc. Stay

tuned later this year for price and availability.

Dave

Someone said that they got their Q45 axles resplined by moser engineering, so I called to get my Q45 axles done and they said they can not do it because the axle shaft is 1.184" and the splined area is 1.197" meaning the shaft is to small to be splined for the CV or am I just talking to the wrong people. Any info would be appreciated

Karl

Someone said that they got their Q45 axles resplined by moser engineering, so I called to get my Q45 axles done and they said they can not do it because the axle shaft is 1.184" and the splined area is 1.197" meaning the shaft is to small to be splined for the CV or am I just talking to the wrong people. Any info would be appreciated

Karl

well if you called moser to get the same work done, then the person is a liar, if you called someone else to get that work done, well..... call moser? =P

The guy is not a liar. If you take the shaft and measure, it is larger at the splines. If you cut them shorter there won't be enough material. You will have to ask MKelly what he meant by shortened and resplined, but the Q45 axles I had could not be shortened. I just had them make custom axles, same spline, shorter length all of the same larger diameter stock. Good luck!

i wasnt calling him a liar. LOL

i was trying to inject some humor into the reply i made =)

The guy is not a liar. If you take the shaft and measure, it is larger at the splines. If you cut them shorter there won't be enough material. You will have to ask MKelly what he meant by shortened and resplined, but the Q45 axles I had could not be shortened. I just had them make custom axles, same spline, shorter length all of the same larger diameter stock. Good luck!

OK, so Q45 axels are too thin.

I have Armada axels with CV's. The shaft size is 1.26 in. diameter.

So these should be good candidates for a respline job, am I right?

So my plan is to use the Armada carrier and 2.94 gears, and the 300ZXTT viscous unit.

Incidentally , the spline on the ends are 32 teeth, and 1.29 in diameter.

-Les

Karl