HybridZ

L28 to carburated

Guest FortyZ

Not hard at all, from what I see. I have an L28 in my 240 also, and it came with carbs on it.

If it's a P90 head, it looks like it should have two bolt patterns, from what I've seen one would match that of the early carb intakes and one would be later EFI intake. I know mine uses one bolt pattern for the carn intakes while there is another set of bolt holes exposed. I haven't verified if these are indeed used by the EFI intake or not.

Other heads look like they may not have two bolt patterns.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=129066

Guest FortyZ

Thanks, could I put the intake manifold from a L24 on the L28, would that fit? would i need to make any sort of adjustments?

Your fuel injected 280 Z is supplied by a high pressure electric fuel pump that is over kill for a carburater.:banghead: The mechanical fuel pump boss is on most FI heads but is not machined out. I took off the valve cover and spread a cloth around the timing chain to catch filings and the drilled and hogged out the mechanical fuel pump boss with a rotary rasp to accept a 240 Z mechanical fuel pump. A low pressure electric fuel pump can be purchased to feed the carbs if you are not:iospalo: into hogging out:iospalo: a fifty cent piece size hole in the side of the cylinder head