HybridZ

My Z is Sick, i need help quick!!!

S130Z

i have a S130 83 280zx and i upgraded to a n42 intake with a 60mm TB. now the motor shakes and idles rough. it smokes and i believe it is runnig rich. i need some advice as to what might have gone wronge. its my DD and i have not had it running for more than a week.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have a S130 83 280zx and i upgraded to a n42 intake with a 60mm TB. now the motor shakes and idles rough. it smokes and i believe it is runnig rich. i need some advice as to what might have gone wronge. its my DD and i have not had it running for more than a week.

This is what I have been told.....Locate on the engine, where the top radiator hose connects to the engine. wiggle the temperature sender connector. most likely it has been sitting a while, and the connections have corroded a little bit. try that and start your engine. This should fix the problem you are havinng with your car.

"NOTE"

( I would not recomend doing this while the car is running, your hand will be too close to the fan blade on the engine, and you can get seriously injured.)

i tried that several times with no luck. it is running alot worse now. i took it for a test run because i hoocked up a lost vac line and it seemed like it ran a lot better but during the test it still had no power.i had a large puff of black smoke for a minute and now it hesitates to start and idles a lot lower.

i had a vac leak when i first put it on. i fixed that. i put my aac back on with a few mods to the tb spacer. i pulled my spark plugs that i put on at the same time as the intake and thay were all black. i cleaned them but dont think that that helped. i had the car running and unplugged 4 of the 6 plugs after i cleaned them and the car ran the same as with all them on. but when i pulled the cylinder closest to the fire wall the car stalled out. and i know i am gettting spark through the wires cuz they shocked me soo bid i bled.

Dude I have been shocked a few times by the ignition system before, and that isn't the best feeling in the world....on top of that i think it could kill you if your not carefull. Be safe, and use a spark plug wire puller. it reduces the chance of shock.

Also check you timing.

the throttle body is not the problem. i noticed oil leaking form my head so im pretty sure its a blown head gasket. the only thing i am wondering is how i blew my head gasket immediatly after changing to the n42 intake. i have all the original vacs and sensors hooked up so im pretty baffled

i do have oil in the car. i checked it before i checked the compression. the oil smelled really bad, not like regular oil smell, i almost threw up. i am about 100 miles past my oil change mileage though.