HybridZ

My 71 240z Project

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be careful with that Mines ECU man. They are kind of a Japan only thing as Mines is the only ones who can deal with them. They are also mapped for much higher Japanese octane fuel then we got here in Cali.

Also there's no way to know exactly what it's tuned for. For all you know the seller could be making parameters and the fact that it's for a non turbo up. I wouldn't chance it...

Just my .02 cents.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...

What's the story of this car??? This was mine, and been trying to find it again... Thing was a solid car, put a ton of miles. Kinda sad it only put down 120hp. Lol. Anyways, if anyone has any leads, lemmie know... And those seats were out of a 911 Turbo with the sport seats. I had them upholstered. Those seats changed the whole feel of the car.

What's the story of this car??? This was mine, and been trying to find it again... Thing was a solid car, put a ton of miles. Kinda sad it only put down 120hp. Lol. Anyways, if anyone has any leads, lemmie know... And those seats were out of a 911 Turbo with the sport seats. I had them upholstered. Those seats changed the whole feel of the car.

Hey! How long did you own the Z for? I wish I had you as a contact before the car was sold, always fun getting the history of the car. The car was sold on ebay to a guy in Canada and was never heard from again. I've since tried to find the guys ebay name to send him a message asking how the car was but I couldn't seem to find it. Kinda weird that it's never came up anywhere online. There's only a handful of rb25de Z's rolling around North America & Canada. And yeah the seats were awesome, never bolted down properly but felt great none the less.

Here she was on Bring a Trailer... and a trailer was brought.. :(

http://bringatrailer.com/2010/11/11/1971-datsun-240z-rb25de/

Edited by ~KnuckleDuster~

I bought it a week after a graduated HS in 2005. Owner was from San Diego, I now live in San Diego coincidentally. My guess the car wasn't coastal. I put over 30k miles on it and it never left me high and dry. I put in the better 81-83 zx 5 speed. New rebuild electronic distributor. Seats, which were bolted down properly when I sold it. I paid a grand for those seats, plus had them upholstered. I put all the LEDs, the wiring would get hot from age and natural resistance. The car had the cyclone mag wheels. I put on the front and rear spoilers and the XXR wheels (only thing available back then). I dearly miss that car. They've gotten expensive. I bought it for 6k in 2005 and sold it for about that in 2008 (I think). Anyways, good luck with you new Z ... Someday I will pick up another, likely a 280z, swap the bumpers. BTW: I love the L28 and its character, the RB would be cool. I HAD a stroker crank, 240z 9mm bolt rods, and non hydraulic P90 head. PS: I still have a Mallory billit distributor, factory front valence, stock steering wheel and partially melted headlight switch.