HybridZ

2+2 roof hump reduction

Hi all

I've been looking at the hump on my 2+2 roof line and i was wondering if anyone has any info on how to get rid of it or reduce it. I would like a smoother line such as in the 240z. I've searched but couldnt find anything

Ideas or links?

Andrew

actually now that i've seen what it looks like with the window turned upside down and with it photoshoped or whatever, i don't even think that its the roofline thats the problem. it would probaly look better if just the rear quarter windows were redesigned, and it would prol be alot easier to do. just my .02 cents

Read this thread

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=133812

It is about the quarter windows, but there is lots of talk of roof lines, and someone discussing smoothing the roof line.

P.S. Why do you want to get rid of the 2+2 roof line, thats what makes us unique.

err... I think he has already read that thread... I only say that because he was the one who started that thread too.:mrgreen: hehe

In my opinion, I think the window is more of an eyesore than the extra length and roof line.

I always thought abut grafting a coupe window into a 2+2 but I found a coupe body pretty easily. I am sure the extra space would come in handy though.

Kevin

i just think the roof line of the 240z is more smooth and flowing than a the humped 260z version. i just wanna smooth it out a bit. the window will def help but i thought while im in that area cutting and welding i might just give it a nip and tuck :o

err... I think he has already read that thread... I only say that because he was the one who started that thread too. hehe

Whoops. Sure there isn't two Chartoo members? LOL. Sorry about that over sight Chartoo. BTW, the Window concept is looking good.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will but it will just take time. I will do the rear quarter window conversion and prob just remove the drip rails. With a good colour on the body and window frames that should reduce most of the hump. The quarter windows visually reduces the hump heaps i think. Here is some pics ive made up using cardboard to see what it looks like

dsc00313lt4.th.jpg

dsc00311wg0.th.jpg

dsc00315rx1.th.jpg