HybridZ

Carbon Fiber Door panels

Rayven14

I have this thread posted under "Fiberglass door panels" as well but I wasnt sure how many of you read that thread. In any event I have a set of prefect carbon fiber door panels for sale for 375 with enough material to do one other set at that price, let me know if your interested.

7388_thumb.attach

7389_thumb.attach

Wow, that is cool.

Well done, someone please by this now and get the temptation out of my way. Please.

EDIT: Man I'm an idiot, these are obviously for a 2 seater. oh well, at least I don't have to worry about not buying them now.

JSM.. look closely at the pictures..

notice in the first picture the "tan" light is along the wall in the backround?! Looks like the pictures were takin around sunset or with a low sun environment.

The white light is the flash, the tan or yellow light is the sun shining on the part

proxlamus,

You must be into photography? Yes the pics were taken at sunset and yes that reflection is both the sun and the flash.

As far as more information, what would you like to know? the panels are direct replacements, I would recommend using a few rivets to attach them, and I would also paint the door header black instead of using upholstery. There is a local guy that did exactly what I just listed and his panels look amazing!!

Pete

So here's a pic from greenmonster80's gallery.

Drive_panel.JPG

So the top black part (the header) is from the stock panels correct? And it's just epoxied to the cf door Panel? In this case it looks like the fabric is removed and then painted black. How is the cf panel connected to the rest of the door? If you used some sort of clips or screws I imagine you would be able to see it since there's no fabric to cover them up.

In my gallery pic I had not yet attached the panel and the top yet. I have since fixed the two together with black rivets. I epoxied door clips to the back of the panel and put a strip of adhesive back rubber around the edges to take out any vibrations or rattle. Real happy with the panels. Pete does real good work. I eventually want a set done for my skyline.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was just thinking that and found this old thread! Are there new threads on it? Both this and the "fiberglass door panel" thread seem to be dead. I have my glass piece riveted to the tin header and was thinking of blending it in and popping a mold off of it to make a one piece for people that don't want to go through all the extra post fab work.