• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
I used to own one of these. Suzuki SC100GX

sc100gx.JPG

great little runner.

That looks slightly bigger than my Cervo/Fronte---I think that is a later model with a bigger engine than the 74 and later 77 that I had. The Cervo was rear engined 550cc two stroke powered. When I sold that one (after boring it out to 660ccs and running a Weber 48IDA for carburetion!) I bought a brand new 1984 Alto, sold that two years later for more than I bought it for (dollarwise, thanks to the rising yen) and bought an 86 Alto Superturbo.

800px-Suzuki_Fronte_Coupe_001.JPG

Xander, you've seen me...can you imagine me in the car you had? How about one that was smaller?:mrgreen:

Really, any of the older Kei Cars from Japan would be ideal, and they are available ex-japan with LHD and anywhere from 800 to 1300cc small watercooled engines. Some of them are quite sporty!

This is a later model than my Superturbo, but it looked similar. Mine had the (er...) decal and spoiler package. Hey, it had a Supercharger, AND a turbocharger, AND DOHC engine, AND would rev like crazy. I had it concurrently with the Fairlady Z!

1819_11lo.jpg

2131_14lo.jpg

Nobody mentioned Hillman Imp yet, have they?

257277294_ae5a0ed1fa.jpg

YES, they do HYBRIDIZE IMPS!!! Guess what's wedged under the wrong end of the car???

imp.JPG

Sad thing was there was a BMW700 in the junkyard fairly complete earlier this year, during MSA. Frank freaked when he saw it...

We put a VW 1835 into a Fiat 850 when I lived back in Michigan...woo hoo!

Technically, the Fronte I had was a Two Seater, and the Cervo of later years was a 2+2. Why the insistence of four seats?

Is this for classification of 'production class' for some sort of racing?

Mazda R100 or it's four cylinder sibling.

Fiat Sport Coupes

Mazda Rx3, which I think might be lighter than the RX2.

List of Lightest Cars

I am considering a new project. I need a light car for a motorcycle engine swap. I thought I could find it on the web, but I can not. Pre Smog only 1974 and older.

So here is goes

Mazda RX-2

Datsun 510

Datusn 240 Z

Toyota Celica?

Opel GT

210 Honey Bee

Honda Civic CVCC (Thanks Cobra Tim)

Honda s600/800 (Thanks Cobra Tim)

Help me out

im curious why you want to put a bike motor in a car?

Im not having a go at all (i love oddball projects) but have you considered that bike motors dont make much torque, which is what you will need to get it moving.

Also, the bike crankcase and gearbox casing are often integral parts, if you shock load the whole thing too much (fast launch, burnouts ect) you risk cracking the casings.

The larger the inital mass of the car, the more likely you are to have those two issues.

the shock loading and cracking risk can also be increased with wider/stickyer tyres.

im curious why you want to put a bike motor in a car?

Im not having a go at all (i love oddball projects) but have you considered that bike motors dont make much torque, which is what you will need to get it moving.

Also, the bike crankcase and gearbox casing are often integral parts, if you shock load the whole thing too much (fast launch, burnouts ect) you risk cracking the casings.

The larger the inital mass of the car, the more likely you are to have those two issues.

the shock loading and cracking risk can also be increased with wider/stickyer tyres.

Goldwing flat-6 motorcycle engine, it even has a driveshaft. Bolt it into anything, makes a moderate amount of torque (125 ft/lbs is plenty for a wee little car) and is fairly light. It also has reverse! Or mate a modern corvette trans, or a 944 trans to the extended shaft and get rid of the goldwing trans altogether.

Fabricate a little one-seater chassis like a miniaturized Super-7 and drop a GL-1800 engine in there (with a turbo, perhaps?) and you'd have one of the best city cars available. Just think, you wouldn't even have to look for parking any more, just find an SUV or truck to park under!