HybridZ

the start of the B.customs Z has begun..2jz 1000hp

Overkill Z

Scottie makes all great, great points, so I do not need to be repetitive. I have a hard time understanding what 1000hp truly means. I have a 2900lbs car that is 450crankhp and it is a handful and it very rarely even sees WOT...I fear two things:

1) Loosing my license when I can almost double the speed limit in 2nd gear, with three more to grab

2) Going so fast, so rapidly that someone may not see me and....*bang", I have really got a huge respect for the fact that:

- I would like to enjoy old age and not in a wheel chair from a car crash at 100+ mph

- Respect that I am mortal

Over out and good luck to you!

Yasin

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scottie makes all great, great points, so I do not need to be repetitive. I have a hard time understanding what 1000hp truly means. I have a 2900lbs car that is 450crankhp and it is a handful and it very rarely even sees WOT...I fear two things:

1) Loosing my license when I can almost double the speed limit in 2nd gear, with three more to grab

2) Going so fast, so rapidly that someone may not see me and....*bang", I have really got a huge respect for the fact that:

- I would like to enjoy old age and not in a wheel chair from a car crash at 100+ mph

- Respect that I am mortal

Over out and good luck to you!

Yasin

roger roger slow and rusty this is yellow ducky..i hear ya loud and clear lets a get this convoy a movin.... thanks! honestly its just to say its 1000hp for the magazines that are chomping at the bit for a cover shoot.

Mike,

I got the new parts for the 2JZGTE x-member. Price dropped to $300 and the parts are now 4130 CroMo. The main tube is 1.5 x .120 DOM. This should be plenty strong for your needs. Give me a call if you want to order the part.

Ironically, with a Z-car having about 800# less weight than a Supra, no need to play that game :D A 600+rwhp Z-car with street tires is downright dangerous (contrary to the infamous Darius vids) and with the right tires will annihilate just about anything on the street and not need a $6000 6-spd/clutch to do it :D.

You Sir, Are correct.

Good to see you lurking around Mike :)

Oh yes i am lurking hahahah... i was reading over your rear end stiffening comment...i just planned on gusseting the controll arms and other weak areas...doing the cv shaft swap and putting a strong lsd in? is that not enough?

You will need to do a lot of work to the rear suspension to make this car work. Aftermarket LCAs, lots of reinforcement to the LCA inner mounting, reinforced diff mounting... pretty much every part in the rear suspension needs to be modified and reinforced.

You will need to do a lot of work to the rear suspension to make this car work. Aftermarket LCAs, lots of reinforcement to the LCA inner mounting, reinforced diff mounting... pretty much every part in the rear suspension needs to be modified and reinforced.

at this point $$$$$$ lol BAD JOHN BAD NO MORE NEW LIKE THAT lol....i was hoping i could just modify stock stuff but NOOOO you had to say that..great lol.... ill figure it out.... by the way do you make a tranny mount???

by the way do you make a tranny mount???

Which tranny; TH400, Glide, R154, Getrag 6 Speed, Lenco 4 speed?

Is the exhaust going down the driver or passenger side of the car?

3", 3.5", 4", or 5" exhaust?

As you can see, there are a lot of variables to include in the design of the transmission mount. My answer to your question is: no.

hey guys giving you all an update... currently waiting on parts i bought..HKS cam gears..hks cam belt..50mm hks wastegate...1.6mm comtech head gasket..valve seals...plus more seals... im also buying my rear sump oil pan and baffels today from the dealer (cant find decent used ones)..if there are any MUST BUYS for the head that im missing please let me know!! im soon done with the stage 3 head build!!!

hey guys another update....got my 1200hp intake manifold by KU engineering yesturday..and my waste gate..and my 100mm throttle body and my sard fuel rail and HKS valve timing gears...the head its pulled apart and i brought it to the mechine shop to get it ported and polished. also they are going to port match the intake and exhuast manifolds to the head.

I almost have all the big parts!!!! all whats left is a tranny thats the biggest part of them all :(.....

still need to buy

betamotorsports crossmember

6speed tranny

clutch

flywheel

injectors

intercooler

radiator

my god im getting close to putting the motor in!!! LOL :lol:

PS www.CARBON8MAG.com came out with thier new issue and our B.customs supra is in it!!! check it out its an awsome magazine and its free..just go DL the issues every month..the supra is the "rare breed indeed" article

So, you're building a 1,000hp car and you're relying on information from "some kid"? I think you need to be like Danny Larusso and find yourself a Mr. Miyagi.

lol john how the hell did you know how to spell miyagi??? im not relyn on him in any way shape or form...iv never thought a 5speed could handle anything over 350hp.. it just made me second guess myself a little :hs:

Well the merlin crawler 5 speed is pretty strong. If your going to be drag racing the car or banging gears the 5 speed will fail. The V160 can handle anything you throw at it. But at a serious cost, for the trans, rebuild and a tilton clutch to handle that amount of power your looking at nearly 10k. I cant justify spending so much on a trans but the manual trans sure would be nice;-). As stated above if you can afford the 1000HP power build the trans is not such a big deal.

Personally I am just going to get myself a TH400 as its way cheaper and can also take all the power you can throw at it.

Oh yes i am lurking hahahah... i was reading over your rear end stiffening comment...i just planned on gusseting the controll arms and other weak areas...doing the cv shaft swap and putting a strong lsd in? is that not enough?

If you are seriously going to try and put 1000 crank HP to the wheels thru a 5 speed with a clutch that will hold that amount of power, there isn't a modification you can do to the stock rear suspension that will hold that power.

The techno tuning toys IRS setup is pretty close but time will tell once it gets installed in more cars