the start of the B.customs Z has begun..2jz 1000hp

Overkill Z

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i dont think so...when its warm it idols extremely smooth with no hicups or anything.
Don't "think so." KNOW SO!!! Check don't guess.

Check it anyway. I've messed with some L28's that idled fantastic - or so it seemed - and then I found out the plug wires were incorrectly connected.
I agree 100% that's why I mentioned it. When idling, an inline 6 has an amazing capacity for improper spark timing. You would be very surprised at how smooth your L motor idles if you swap 2 and 4. Don't believe me, TRY IT!

PLUS!!! you did not answer my question.

Did you do WOT in the video or were you easing into the throttle?

1. Dont answer all the questions.

2. Dont bother checking (for sure) the problems that people that have already done what you are doing.

3. Give extremely short responses, with no conclusion.

4. And make sure "all involved" know your not going to check that "cause you already did that when you installed it."

This is the quickest way NOT to get help.

In order to wire the coils backwards i would have to cut up my wiring harness and move the plugs around. the wiring harness on a 2jz is form fitted to the coils so plugging them in wrong is virtually impossible. As for the WOT question...no i was not WOT i was about 15% throttle.

Don't "think so." KNOW SO!!! Check don't guess.

I agree 100% that's why I mentioned it. When idling, an inline 6 has an amazing capacity for improper spark timing. You would be very surprised at how smooth your L motor idles if you swap 2 and 4. Don't believe me, TRY IT!

PLUS!!! you did not answer my question.

Did you do WOT in the video or were you easing into the throttle?

1. Dont answer all the questions.

2. Dont bother checking (for sure) the problems that people that have already done what you are doing.

3. Give extremely short responses, with no conclusion.

4. And make sure "all involved" know your not going to check that "cause you already did that when you installed it."

This is the quickest way NOT to get help.

Can the AEM test outputs?

I can test all my Motecs outputs. I.E. I can tell which cylinder is firing/injecting without starting the car. Very good for double checking your wiring before you fire the car up for the first time.

You also said that you couldn't have wired it wrong because the loom is fitted to the coils, but didn't you splice in an AEM Loom? Couldn't you have spliced the wrong cylinder wires in?

If your computer doesn't support the testing of outputs, then remove your crank angle sensor (or get a second one) and spin it by hand while watching the spark plugs fire.

What crank sensor are you using? I tried using the OEM crank sensor with TEC II and it failed miserably with similar symptoms. If you are not using the OEM setup, make sure the air gap is correct for the diameter of the trigger wheel. Since you are having RPM-related issues, that is where I would put the focus.

garvice is on the right track but I would go one step further and have someone put a scope on the crank sensor circuit.

there is another option then an oem crank sensor? all my sensors are stock with stock wiring harness..... Ya i think a scope is a good idea..at this point i have to bring it to a seriously skilled mechanic any suggestions around here??? im just north of san Francisco california.

Not familiar enough with the AEM to tell you. The TEC II comes with a magnetic pickup that can be used with various diameter trigger wheels. Electromotive advertised a mod that could be done to the OEM trigger wheel to use the OEM pickup but it did not work. Engine would fire up and idle fine but break up badly as RPMs increased. Went to a 7" external trigger wheel and ran fine. You could have a bad OEM pickup and trying another should be easy.

I would go to supraforums and see who has a great rep for working with AEM, contact that person offline, and see if they can help. Start off by offering to pay for the service and see where it goes from there. You do not want to get into an open forum technical discussion there like you can do here.

I have a SC300 with a AEM standalone setup. I'm a long ways from you but I know the guys a Boost Logic. They built my SC. Anyway, if you would like to call them and talk a bit they will be a huge help. They are very well known and advertise on the Supra/Lexus Forums. Let them know you talked to Tad and I said they might be helpful. Just tell them I have the white Lexus.

http://www.boostlogic.com/