the start of the B.customs Z has begun..2jz 1000hp

Overkill Z

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I plan on running 245's max because i dont want to cut the quarters. And we only have tuned up to 8 psi!!!!!!! I didnt one pull that hit 15psi but it went lean so we need to do ALOT more tuning! And 8 psi-quarter throttle the car sounds like an airplane taking off LOL...the turbo is sooo loud is friggn SEXY!

I like your optimism, but lets look at the math and see what we come up with.

Supra Mk3 weight 3389lbs (wikipedia weight I am sorry, might not be accurate)

260Z weight 2425lbs (zshop.net.au values)

Supra with 700hp is ticking time bomb.

So 700 x 3389 / 2425 = 978 hp.

So if your aiming for 1000 hp then you might be in the same ball park as the supra guys. But hey, I guess you can always replace the gearbox if that happens.

Oh yeah, get the damn thing on a dyno and stop messing around with a street tune man, don't want all that hard work going down the drain (especially when your playing with big horsepower, boosted air pressure and explosive gases NO)

I like your optimism, but lets look at the math and see what we come up with.

Supra Mk3 weight 3389lbs (wikipedia weight I am sorry, might not be accurate)

260Z weight 2425lbs (zshop.net.au values)

My roommate's MKIII Supra [7M single, not 2JZ] weighed 3900 with him [180lbs] and his girlfriend [120 lbs] which should put his car's weight around 3600.

For reference my 280Z weighed 2600 with me in it. [Turbo swap, no bumpers, rust reduction, I weigh 130 lbs]

Did you mean MKIV Supra?

Glad you finally got the car running, Mike!

My roommate with the MKIII is building a 2JZ for his car, he got a BHG two days ago on the 7M so it might happen sooner than we expected :mrgreen: I'm looking forward to helping him work on it.

Oh Ya just so everyone know the car weighed 2610lbs with the L28 in it. Now it weighs 2698 with the 2jz in it. The extra weight is not completely over the front wheels tho, but is now a little front end heavy. By relocation the battery to the back It should take care of that.