HybridZ
Overkill Z

the start of the B.customs Z has begun..2jz 1000hp

Thanks for clarifying. Thats what I was trying to get at.

Justin

i dont think he means the weight distribution, but more that the z weighs 2/3's that of a the supra. less mass means less force on the drivetrain to move itself, therefore a 154 handling way more than power on a z than a supra.

Guest YoshiFD3S

POST PICS DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!

lol

I'm undergoing a 2JZ swap in my '93 FD, but I'm considering going 240Z instead. I wanna see and hear what you guys think about it.

My brother's got a project '71 240Z, 440rwhp RB25'd 280Z, and a project KA24-T '71 4-door 510.

Lovin' it.

:D

POST PICS DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!

lol

I'm undergoing a 2JZ swap in my '93 FD, but I'm considering going 240Z instead. I wanna see and hear what you guys think about it.

My brother's got a project '71 240Z, 440rwhp RB25'd 280Z, and a project KA24-T '71 4-door 510.

Lovin' it.

:D

I KNOWWWW IM sorry man i have not been able to post pics on here cause i need to get a photobucket set up. Alot of the pics are on our my myspace tho. www.myspace.com/lbrtcustoms

UPDATE

i have 5 grand saved ready to buy my 6speed..after that in the next week or so all i need are..

crossmemeber for the 2jz from BETA motorsports

flywheel

clutch

driveshaft

intercooler

radiator

injectors

and thats IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's never IT, but looks like you are getting close :-)

LOL ya im CLOSE but i decided to get a 5 speed r154 yesterday instead of the 6 speed wich should speed things up a bit in the money catagory. Im goign to rebuilt the 5speed as stong as i can..anyone know any companies that sell race kits for the r154s? i found a place that cryogenically heat treats transmition parts that makes them as strong as chromoly steal. Im also going to have the trust washers built out of titanium from a mechin shop because those are the week points of the r154 i hear.... anything else?????????

UPDATE

i have 5 grand saved ready to buy my 6speed..after that in the next week or so all i need are..

crossmemeber for the 2jz from BETA motorsports

flywheel

clutch

driveshaft

intercooler

radiator

injectors

and thats IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one of Jame Thagards original intercoolers available. Don't really want to sell, but desperate times....

I haven't had too much luck with cryogenically treating gears. I would definitely look at a beefed up thrust washer. IDK if titanium is your best bet for a thrust washer though. I'd look at different materials if I were you.

Justin

well i could make one out of chromoly, i have heard of people doing that...have you tried the cryogenic heat treatment??? what happond??? why do you not reccomend it?

well i could make one out of chromoly, i have heard of people doing that...have you tried the cryogenic heat treatment??? what happond??? why do you not reccomend it?

I would think steel would be a better material. I'd like to see pictures of the thrust bearing and how it fails though.

I've cryo treated several VW FWD gear sets and they don't seem to hold any more power then the standard gear sets. The gain in strength is negligible IMO.

http://www.bpmsports.com/products/gear.htm

A place I was looking into to get some straight cut gears... There is a thread on supra forums that a guy goes into full detail about what makes the R154 fail. I would link to it but search is down over there. One is the mentioned thrust washer, two is one of the shift forks( not sure what one off the top of my head), and three was the synchro's. By getting the straight cut gears it is supposed to help a ton but for some reason no one runs them this company may be no good I don't know for sure. Check with marlin crawlers people have had good luck with there R154 rebuilds.

anyone got a photo of that i looks like? PS Zgad i just got my clutch yesturday..HKS twin disk kevlar..1400 bucks :(

do drive your car often? i believe the hks clutch's are non-sprung hub, and will be quite the challenge to drive, but like anything, you can get use to it. spending 1400 on that is a waste in my opinion. you can probably get a single plate clutch's these days with better drive-ability and hold the same if not more power. also, are you sure the twin will hold the power you plan to make ? just wondering why and where your coming from. best of luck sir !!

i just got my clutch yesturday..HKS twin disk kevlar..1400 bucks :(

IF your clutch is the HKS GD Max twin plate, it is a barely streetable clutch - really grabby. Ask me how I know.

From what I read in the various 2JZ forums, this clutch is good for about 800 whp. Mine has held well up to 650 or so, but with traction problems.

From my research, there are few if any single disc clutches available for the 2JZ that have your planned HP capability. I have a Tilton triple carbon disc unit going into my IS - Can't wait to change that HKS out!

do drive your car often? i believe the hks clutch's are non-sprung hub, and will be quite the challenge to drive, but like anything, you can get use to it. spending 1400 on that is a waste in my opinion. you can probably get a single plate clutch's these days with better drive-ability and hold the same if not more power. also, are you sure the twin will hold the power you plan to make ? just wondering why and where your coming from. best of luck sir !!

the only clutches that can hold over 700hp that are singles are 3500lb pressure plates, which makes the pedel pressure unbelivably, pain fully hard. I hvae driven our twin disk supra and its not has bad simply because the pressure is better.