HybridZ

the start of the B.customs Z has begun..2jz 1000hp

Overkill Z

i was wondering if the speed cable would hook up!!!! thats awsome...one less thing to worry about LOL..as for the wiring..i think im going to have to run everything one by one :(
Thats Insane, one by one?!?! You will never finish it!

Just go get a front harness out of the same year. Steel the lighting harness. Cut out all the others, unless you want to use teh factory fuel pump wires to trigger the relay to the new fuel pump. I ran a huge wire and a relay to trigger it, to the fuel pump to reduce the voltage drop to the pump. For the alternator you need one thin wire to the ignition, on mine it was the yellow wire in the brown round 3 prong connector on the alt. Also I ran the big wire straight to the Battery with a big 60 amp fuse in it very close to the battery. I got the harness and the ECU inside the firewall and found:

1. ground to the ECU

2. constant battery power, to ECU

3. Ignition Switched power to the ECU, (make sure this one doesn't go dead when the key is in start position.)

4. The A/C switched wire (hooked it to the A/C clutch wire)

5. Tach output wire and ran it to the 7M tach guts in the Z housing. The Tach isnt perfectly accurate, but who cares, 1000 rpms and 6000 rpms are in the same location, and it bounces off the rev limiter so violently, you can never rely on a tach.

All the other wires for the factory gauges I left intact, so my oil pressure and water temp would work fine. I also left the factory Reverse light wires in the harness, and hooked it to the R154 and it works perfect.

It was that easy!!!! If you want to pick thru it one by one, be my guest, but you are waisting your time.

Oh, other wires you will want to keep that go into the engine bay, (besided the lighting) will be:

1. The horn wires

2. Windshield Wiper wires

3. Wiper Squirts

4. Master Cylinder float wires (brake warning light)

5. Fuel pump relay wires

6. Amp meter wires, (hook this directly to the big wire to your alt, AFTER the fuse)

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well i have thought about gettn a old wiring harness...but i want to do it one by one because i had wiring problems with the other harness...so i really want to go through the whole wiring one by one to make sure i dont have any problem areas... plus i want to run the wires through the frame and hide everything as best i can..

• 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to give you guys an update. First i wanted to thank you ARZ. Your last comment has been my list of things to do for the past week! Im doing the wiring as we speak and the way things are going i should be starting it up shortly. I WILL TAKE VIDEO of first start up and post it.... i hope the motor doesnt go BOOM! lol..... I have invested in some camera gear for some in car video and i will get some of the guys that work for me to help out with that.

also when my car is done I plan to donate to Hybrid Z. I wear the sweat shirt i got from justin all the time and sooo many people know about us!

:shock: LOL JOHN your SOOOO FUNNY...no i plan to donate some money. oh and do i need to get a "boost cut controller" or will my hks management system take care of that?
I have an HKS FCD, it should work fine for the 7MGTE ECU. I cant say what you need for the 1JZ ECU, hell your going to be on stock twins for a while right?!?!

I have an HKS FCD, it should work fine for the 7MGTE ECU. I cant say what you need for the 1JZ ECU, hell your going to be on stock twins for a while right?!?!

LOL NOPE IM GOIN STAIGHT TO SINGLE LOL....already sold the twins/stock intake to buy my HKS engine managment....

I just want to see the cool car and learn a bit on the way.... Let's start a new threat and bash on 200K cars we can still out run!! hehehe..

cars i plan to race when im done...

i know TWO 09 GTR owners that want to race me...

2 supras

2 Porsche (one supercharged one)

a corvette Zr1

and prob a few other people...but thats the line up for the next drag night and sears point raceway.

OK I cleaned this up. Keep it on topic.

John i deleted yours too cause it didn't make sense anymore.

If anyone has a issue with how i edited this thread PM me. if the bashing starts again or posts in here about why i did what i did start up this entire thread is gone.

enough said

Stony

its cool stony....

well anyways...today i was surfing around HKS's instructions on their VPC and GCCP systems so i know more of what i need to do with them. and my girlfriend asked me a silly question that made me giggle.... shes asked me "how many freakn computers is your car going to have by the time your done??"

i said well...

there is

the ECU

The VPC

The GCCP

The Apexi boost controller

The Turbo timer

and The Wideband

She said and i quote "for someone who dislikes computers in cars you sure are putting alot of them into your 30 year old car...."

:(

its cool stony....

well anyways...today i was surfing around HKS's instructions on their VPC and GCCP systems so i know more of what i need to do with them. and my girlfriend asked me a silly question that made me giggle.... shes asked me "how many freakn computers is your car going to have by the time your done??"

i said well...

there is

the ECU

The VPC

The GCCP

The Apexi boost controller

The Turbo timer

and The Wideband

She said and i quote "for someone who dislikes computers in cars you sure are putting alot of them into your 30 year old car...."

:(

Yikes! That reminded me another reason why I didn't go with the stock computer first. That gets $$$ quickly if you want to make power. Then, you need a DLI, too.

It's basically just an ignition amplifier. When you go with AEM, you end up with wasted spark and a consequentially weaker spark, I believe. I think a lot of guys start having ignition issues around 18psi on the AEM setup so they plop down $500 for the HKS DLI and have no more problems.

Here's a crappy thread on it: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3533065

And here's a link to the HKS DLI: http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=839

It's basically just an ignition amplifier. When you go with AEM, you end up with wasted spark and a consequentially weaker spark, I believe. I think a lot of guys start having ignition issues around 18psi on the AEM setup so they plop down $500 for the HKS DLI and have no more problems.

Here's a crappy thread on it: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3533065

And here's a link to the HKS DLI: http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=839

OHHH ya i got it... one MORE THING lol

That should be the new motto of HZ ;)

In this case, it's a reminder to me why I'm planning to go with Megasquirt. Even with the $$$ AEM, which I can't afford anyway, it seems like you have to keep buying a whole bunch of other high dollar components to it. I know this is largely a biased perception, but my route is to spend only as much as I MUST. I'm not building a 1000HP show car. I'm very impressed with this build, for what it's worth.

In this case, it's a reminder to me why I'm planning to go with Megasquirt. Even with the $$$ AEM, which I can't afford anyway, it seems like you have to keep buying a whole bunch of other high dollar components to it. I know this is largely a biased perception, but my route is to spend only as much as I MUST. I'm not building a 1000HP show car. I'm very impressed with this build, for what it's worth.

thanks shaggy that means alot!!! i just cant wait to drive her...i MISS MY Z!

• 2 weeks later...