the start of the B.customs Z has begun..2jz 1000hp

Overkill Z

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iv been looking around.... how do i wire the Neutral kill switch from the auto ecu. Because i now have a manual... some people say i need to do it...others say i dont need to worry about it? will my car run if i dont mess with the kill switch?

pic and description of how to do it here, a mini fuse, or just cut and solder behind the plug.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/russjz-zed/sets/72157601989530227/detail/?page=6

OH MY THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! thats all it takes is a fuse???

The mini-fuse is a perfect fit to bridge the two wires, I did it like this to keep the plug intact incase I decided to re-install the auto .

Just as easy to cut and solder the two wires indicated behind the plug.

Does not matter which way you do it as long as you connect the two, if you don't, your ECU will lock out the starter .

As indicated in the picture, the other two wires taped together are the reverse switch wires, does not matter which way you hook them to the plug on the reverse switch.

(hope you removed that spacer on the back of the crank shown in the picture on the same page-you learn by other peoples mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all yourself:)

On a toyota computer, sorry, no you don't. bridge the wires turn the key, (and if you have done everything else right ,ignition.)

I've been running auto ECU, with R154, no fuse-no go.

Fuse in place no problems, no extra computer.

(all the neutral start switch does is stop you engaging the starter when in gear, bridging the two wires tells the ECU it is in neutral all the time.)

On a toyota computer, sorry, no you don't. bridge the wires turn the key, (and if you have done everything else right ,ignition.)

I've been running auto ECU, with R154, no fuse-no go.

Fuse in place no problems, no extra computer.

(all the neutral start switch does is stop you engaging the starter when in gear, bridging the two wires tells the ECU it is in neutral all the time.)

It was a joke alluding to stuff earler on in the thread about all the extra computers and modules he has keep getting so he can have a monster Supra motor. I wonder how much weight would be saved by going standalone. :)

It was a joke alluding to stuff earler on in the thread about all the extra computers and modules he has keep getting so he can have a monster Supra motor. I wonder how much weight would be saved by going standalone. :)

Got it:), didn't read back. I would not be surprised if HK$ made an ECU that tells you when to scratch your butt.

Another point about just bridging the wires, there is one school of thought on local rev head Toyota site that goes with also hooking Standard auto ECU so that it thinks it is in 3rd, but so far as I can read into it all, the mixtures are regulated by rev's, so there is no real advantage in doing this hook-up as well.

Mike, since you're one of the ones going for total awesome 2JZ power, you may care to know you can now go with compound twin turbos from Boost Logic. They recently finished it off and it's pretty incredible: 20psi at 2800RPM and the ability to make over 800HP. You may say "shoot, only 800HP!? Forget that! I'm going for 1000HP!" If you need that 4 digit number then forget I said anything, but consider how broad your powerband will be if you're getting 20psi at 2800RPM.

http://boostlogic.com/xcart/product.php?productid=160&cat=9&page=1

Thanks shaggy! I had thought of the twin turbos, But i already have my 76mm single... And turbonetics Claims that the GTK series I have I supposed to spool really REALLY quickly. we will see!

Mike, since you're one of the ones going for total awesome 2JZ power, you may care to know you can now go with compound twin turbos from Boost Logic. They recently finished it off and it's pretty incredible: 20psi at 2800RPM and the ability to make over 800HP. You may say "shoot, only 800HP!? Forget that! I'm going for 1000HP!" If you need that 4 digit number then forget I said anything, but consider how broad your powerband will be if you're getting 20psi at 2800RPM.

http://boostlogic.com/xcart/product.php?productid=160&cat=9&page=1

• 1 month later...

alright...heres the scoop... the place i took the car to to get the fuel lines done and wiring harness let the car sit for two months on the "back burner".... Since the car sat for so long I am Now going to their shop everyday after work and working on my car for a couple hours.

The fuel lines are almost done (all hard line/ stainless)

the injector harnesses are in and clipped

The coil pack wires have all been redone with new wire/clips.

fuel pressure regulator installed

wiring harness cleaned up

neutral kill wires fused

wiring harness hidden

oil lines for turbo done (a total Bitch)

sooo sinse im doing ALL the work BY MYSELF now...its taken me way longer then i thought. If only the shop i wanted to have it done by DID it..my car would be running by now...but apparently "they were too busy to get to it"

• 1 month later...