HybridZ

My 240 got carjacked friday

Friday night here in the high desert in ca. my 1970 240z copper in color was stolen at gunpoint .. I was coming out of a fast food drive thru and as i pulled out a van blocked me in and the driver stuck a gun in my face adn his passenger got out and took my car... My z has a zz383 crate motor and a 700r4 with 2 mufflers welded side by side in the stock muffler spot and a 4 1/2 cowl induction hood there is a picture of in in my signature

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its TO LATE NOW OBVIOUSLY but having a concealed handgun is only one option and thats not always something you can get to or use in some areas legally, LOJACK helps,

http://lojack.com/

having a GPS tracker helps, and having a car alarm system that shuts off the fuel if your not in the car with a transmitter you keep seperately in your pocket after a few minutes is an excellent idea.

theres even magnetic switches that can shut the car down if your alarm reciever doesn,t see your butt in the car with a seperate transmitter

Well this is the 5th time someone has tried to take my stuff at gunpoint over the years.. and the only one to get it .. this was one tweaker looking person and as calm as can be with the hammer back on a revolver and i could see the bullets in the other holes.. so he can have my car.. I have 6 kids and a grandchild that are more important than my car.. but the bad news for the ones that stole it is this is a small place and my car is so well known up here with anyone and everyone .. I have had over 100 calls from people local that are actually out looking for it . what sucks is it has a brand new set of drag radials and a full tank of 110.. and a filled NOS. bottle i hope they try to inhale that ♥♥♥♥ and die

Oh, man that sucks. I hope they find your car. And I hope they find whoever took it and aren't real polite about arresting them without a "struggle".

But 5 times???!!! Where do you live and where are you driving?

a .45 stops any jive...

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully you have Hagerty'd it to the hilt so you don't suffer any loss, and then the baddies can wrap it around a pole, and hopefully the NOS goes off, and they die tasting their own blood.

Not that I'm angry at miserable thugs or nuthin'...

Sorry about loosing your car, hopefully you can get it back.

Id really like to know how many of them actually have the balls to pull the trigger. Was there anyway you could have gotten out? Also did the fast food place have surveilance?

IN FLORIDA its LEGAL too shoot car jackers,in the act of armed car jacking, in CALIF Id doubt thats true given the liberals in the government, but in any case ID carry a cell phone and report the theft instantly as they drove off even if they did get the car.

It gets real iffy. I've got a concealed/carry permit and depending on the public view point in the town you live in, busting a cap on a criminal could leave you in poor light. Sometimes it's better to just give up the car then roll the dice and deal with a "jury of your peers"... :shock:

The other issue is this... So you give up your car to them, they jump in and are "fleeing"... You shoot them... Who'se the badguy now? That's a court case I don't want any parts of. Say you miraculously win that criminal case... What about a civil suit from the scumbag's family?

It's real easy for us to sit here in the comfort of our homes and play "I wish that would happen to me". Reality is if it does, most of us "should" do exactly what icewtr did and just deal with the reality of scumbags on this earth...

Mike

Well said.

Someone here in Orlando got Car Jacked. Thief jumped into the car to drive it, but it was stick. Could only drive automatic.

Thief shot the guy in the head and the owner didn't make it.

It gets real iffy. I've got a concealed/carry permit and depending on the public view point in the town you live in, busting a cap on a criminal could leave you in poor light. Sometimes it's better to just give up the car then roll the dice and deal with a "jury of your peers"... :shock:

The other issue is this... So you give up your car to them, they jump in and are "fleeing"... You shoot them... Who'se the badguy now? That's a court case I don't want any parts of. Say you miraculously win that criminal case... What about a civil suit from the scumbag's family?

It's real easy for us to sit here in the comfort of our homes and play "I wish that would happen to me". Reality is if it does, most of us "should" do exactly what icewtr did and just deal with the reality of scumbags on this earth...

Mike

IN FLORIDA its LEGAL too shoot car jackers,in the act of armed car jacking, in CALIF Id doubt thats true given the liberals in the government, but in any case ID carry a cell phone and report the theft instantly as they drove off even if they did get the car.

God Bless 'Castle Doctrine' and the states that have adopted it!Sorry about your car dude, you did the right thing though. Even if you were armed it would be ridiculous to try and pull a gun on a guy who was already drawn and ready.I'm just glad I live in a town where I can leave my doors unlocked with the keys on the dashboard.

Well said.

Someone here in Orlando got Car Jacked. Thief jumped into the car to drive it, but it was stick. Could only drive automatic.

LMAO, man that's funny, and a sign of how lazy people are anymore......

"I'm not going to work, I'm going to steal stuff, and I'm not going to learn to use all the tools of the "trade" that I'm getting into." LMAO.

Too bad about the owner.

In my mind stealing a well known car in a small area where everyone knows the car is like stealing a famous painting from a museum. If the thief does not have a destination for it prior to the theft they are stuck with something that everyone is looking for and no way to move it. If that is the case it is either long gone or it will show up abandoned.

I have never (thankfully) been carjacked but I have looked down the wrong end of a gun knowing that any move percieved as wrong would cost me my life, so knowing what it is like I feel you did the right thing. The other thing to keep in mind is if they do get caught the fact that they used a gun will add many years to thier sentence. I hope you get your car back and I am glad you are alive to tell us about it.

Good luck

Dragonfly

A friend of mine in Nigeria was with his family in a bad part of town when their car died. A guy walked up and was taping a pistol on the window while he was trying to start the car. He ended up punching the guy through the window and knocking him down, and then luckily the car started and they drove off.

Point is even if you dont have a gun, you have options. :)

im wiring in a self-destruct system in my car as i type, someone hauls ass in it and its not me,their going up in a mushroom cloud o' smoke..lol..i cant have it neither can they! Had the same thing happen to me sans the gunpoint (i came out and the windows were busted on my car) luckly the crappy fuel pump defeated their efforts, ha