HybridZ

My 240 got carjacked friday

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sucks seeing it this way.. as soon as i walked out in my yard and saw my son sitting on the trailor with his feet inside the car i knew I have no choice but to rebuild it.. he has been wanting this car for his first car for the last 4 years. guess i have 2 years to get it back together..lol the scary part is i can't stop looking for it when i am driving around still and i know it is already in my yard..

Hey Icewtr,

I recommend you rebuild her. Take this opportunity to work closely with your son and teach him the virtues of defiance and hard work. Defiance, to those criminals of the world that they can't break your spirit to live. Hard work, to teach him that things are more appreciated when you earn it, not just given to you. Let him take the lead, so to speak, in the rebuild, even though you're holding his hand. Cars can be rebuilt, to its former glory; not so with the human body.

Renatodato

Guest Luigi

I just saw this thread. I've gotta a lot of spare part for small blocks and z's. PM me a list of what you need & I'll get to lookin' in the garage. Unless it's heavy it's yours. If it's heavy we'll just have to figure the shipping out later.

Really sorry bout this. At least you are OK.

Lewis

Sad story...It is also sad the the high desert has such a huge ice problem. I have never seen so many tweekers in one place.

Luckily anytime I am there, I am out hiking, so I only run into them around town before I head out.

Atleast you got a chunk of it back though!

I read through this thread last night, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I used to live in Phelan for awhile and noticed it was going downhill in a hurry. My uncle is still out there and has a 260 that my cousin wrecked but I'm sure he'll help you out with some parts, might charge you a little bit, but he's fair. If you want to PM me your name and # I'll talk to him and pass it on. He's not on this site, but he is an enthusiast, I know he likes to keep Z's on the road.

I had ways to kill the car. but it was not a good place to use them.. i can't outrun a pissed off loser with a gun in a car when i am on foot..lol and the closest thing that was open was about a 1/4 mile away. not to mention he had already pulled the hammerack when i didn't just jump right out of the car..

Sorry to hear about your car. A cheap way of fitting a tracker... get an old cellphone and set it to silent / auto answer. Use and old phone charger and hard wire it in to the 12v line, hide the phone somewhere in the car and register it with a phone tracking company. You can pretty much pinpoint the car and also listen to the people in the car if you like.

I had ways to kill the car. but it was not a good place to use them.. i can't outrun a pissed off loser with a gun in a car when i am on foot..lol and the closest thing that was open was about a 1/4 mile away. not to mention he had already pulled the hammerack when i didn't just jump right out of the car..

Fair enough, good point.

I think this time around it is getting a remote kill switch. kinda a ittle safer to be able to shut the motor off when they drive off a little . a frind of mine has a remote on his truck that shuts it off up to a mile away.. almost looks like a little cell phone .. i need to find who makes it and post it.. also when ever we are at the race track or anyplace away from his truck his remote alerts him when the alarm cherps from loud cars or anything bumping it.. kinda cool.. On the other part of this i have had people point guns at me but they seemed scared and looking around this one stared right at me and just said get out of the car. then when i didn't he pulled the hammer back and i could see the bullets in the gun. so i didn't think he would have a prob with shooting me at all. not to mention there were 3 of them in the van... but we got 2 of them so far.. i found one about 9 months ago thanks to myspace.. the jerkoff had a page and was wearing the same clothes and hat he jacked me in .. and number 2 had my car at his home and was the owner of the van that they used to jack me..