HybridZ

Wrecked my 260zt(updated WITH PICS!!)

jeffer949

Thats actually kinda a joke between a few of my friends and me. They say that every time it breaks i upgrade it so they say that about every 2 weeks i break something and then i upgrade and come back out with my car and say "well its faster now" lol

Might as well paint the jambs while your at it :wink:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its getting a full new coat of paint this time and no crappy rustoleum either. Ive been eying this color and i know im far away from that point but i think a nice paint job in this color will just scream sex. Here is a pic of the color. Its off of a 350z yes its purple but i think it will work nicely.

2007.nissan.350z.20111163-E.jpg

I'm glad that nobody was seriously injured. Having survived several serious crashes myself, where the car did what was expected of it, I'm also glad to see that your Z did you proud and kept you safe during what must have been a hellacious few moments. Considering the energy involved, that 30+ year old car did represent pretty well.

I'll remember to be extra gentle with my gal during wet conditions now, as I've noticed that even low-hanging fog can affect the handling.

Good luck with the rebuild.

Dang man, I feel real bad you were just talking to me the other day about how I could fix my Z. I know theres a series one 240z for sale here in Orlando that you might want to take a look at. However, the car doesn't look so bad. It's just an excuse to make it lighter! Get those fiberglass/carbon fiber fenders and hood! Also, some fender flares will cover up a lot.

Thats actually kinda a joke between a few of my friends and me. They say that every time it breaks i upgrade it so they say that about every 2 weeks i break something and then i upgrade and come back out with my car and say "well its faster now" lol

lol. a little bamf zg flares and wider tires never hurt no-baaahhdddddy. a long with a GT40 to light up the newer thicker wheels and tires you'll be getting.

right? :cuss:

lol. a little bamf zg flares and wider tires never hurt no-baaahhdddddy. a long with a GT40 to light up the newer thicker wheels and tires you'll be getting.

right? :cuss:

Way ahead of ya bro. waiting on my insurance check to order my Rota RB's through the group buy and i would go with Bamf flares but i doubt he could get them to me in time. he has a big list lol. And i think that i have a big enough turbo i just need bigger injectors!!! Im only runing 16psi right now. Ive heard its good to double that lol

I was driving down the interstate going about 75 and i changed 2 lanes and when i corrected to go straight again my back end broke loose(it was wet). Tried to steer into it and power it out but the roads where to slick and i drifted across 3 lanes and hit a Mazda 6 in the rear passenger door. That spun him out and put him into a slide and sent him back across 3 lanes and into the grass just missing a big sign

It kinda looks like what the devil Z looked like the first time it hit the guard rail lol.

Hopefully the folks you hit are okay too. I think you need to take it easy and not kill anyone on the highway.

Tom

(hopefully my comment didn't come off like I am being a d!ck, I'm just saying!)

OK.. I am glad your ok, BUT!!!

How do you crash a decent handling sports-car on a multi-lane freeway in a straight line??? That shows a monumental lack of driving skillz... Rain is no excuse, You also had numerous opportunities to gain control even after the first abrupt mistake. A little knowledge and real experience could have allowed you to maintain control at nearly any point in that series of blunders that lead up to hitting another car and the guardrail.

Your first error was trying to show off(your skillz???) by changing your direction of travel too far off parallel with the road you were on. Swooshing over several lanes is stupidity on multiple levels. Your mirrors don't give enough view to do that kind of manuever in traffic and I doubt that your mirrors are properly adjusted in the first place. The fact that you did it in the rain is stacking mistakes and bad judgement on top of one another. The fact that you tried to change directions again, in the rain, too abruptly, without proper weight transfer, and completely without any kind of driving skill was your last chance at control. I could have taken over at any point in that series of blunders and regained control, you were lost from the moment a lane change idea went through your skull.

Quit this habit of figuring out how bad a driver you really are while on public roads. For God's sake you need an HPDE event more than anyone else I can think of. The fact that you hit another car should be your wake-up-call to get some serious driving instruction. You really have NO IDEA what you are doing.

Sell the Z-car and get a 1992 GEO METRO. You are not cut out for anything with more than 3 cylinders. You can turbo the Metro once you figure out how to drive. Then you can work your way up to driving a Civic HF in a few years.

Wow...

Would you want your family driving down the highway next to jeffer? Your wife? Your kids? Your parents? Say what you want bro, guys that have a history of accidents and then lose it when crossing 3 lanes of traffic on an interstate are going to get flamed.

I say "Wow" because it has not happened in this thread up until now.

Tom