HybridZ

!@#$!!!!NEED HELP!!!Does anyone KNow how To get thiS A-Arm off?????

First of all you need to remove the lock wedge bolt. Its on the middle of the spindle and it looks like you have the nut off of it. take a brass drift or lead hammer and just give it a good wack and it should come out. Then you need to either get the puller called the spindle pin puller or you can try to just beat it out. Most have bad luck because its been so long since its been taken apart that its just rusted in place. Good luck

yes it it on the threaded part with a hammer but use something to protect the threads. i.e. piece of wood or a brass drift. or if you have a lead or brass hammer that would work great

Yeah like Jeffer said, you need to protect the threads, I used the nut that was originally on there, unscrewed it so it was even with the end of the bolt the put a 2x4 against the bolt and loosed nut and whacked the heck out of it w/ a 20# hammer. it began moving after about 10 blows then I soaked it again with WD40 and the next day whacked it some more, took off the nut and ouila! it came free. 2x4 looked bad tho. A piece of plywood would work too, so long as you're not pounding direct steel to steel.

Phar

Have you considered drilling a hole in a couple of plates, and then welding these plates over the torn sway bar link hole (sandwiching the OEM plate)? As an option of last resort, it would be an alternative to removing the arm, and allow the sway bar to be re-attached. Just make sure you've got plates that are of sufficient material (area and gauge), and don't overlap the welding beads (make sure the plates are of different sizes).

Search "spindle pin" on this site. This, as said above, is a right of passage into S30 adulthood.

ahahahaha. the bullet-ant warrior gloves of the S30 community, are they?

i'll have to see if i have enough come sometime this summer.

:icon51: