HybridZ
twalton

3800/T5 swap started

That sounds awesome. It might be easiest to pay you through paypal (if you've got an account), but we can work something else out if you don't. As for the throttle cables, I expect that I'll make a bracket that mounts where the ignition coil pack bracket was (on the driver-side head). I'll have a clearer idea once I've got the throttle body mounted.

Edit: I was just under the hood of my Z and I saw what you were referring to when you asked me about the throttle cable. The question becomes "Am I going to use any of the existing mechanical linkage, or am I going to rerun an entirely new cable set up?" This is a good question. I think that it may be easiest to run a new set up and abandon the existing mechanical linkage all together. I'll use some generic cable (like this one) to pass through the fire wall. When it comes to the pedal, I haven't had a good enough look at the pedal to decide how it will attach at the pedal end. I'll try and get a plan this week though.

Edited by benton

hey inbox me an offer i can get you the throttle body 2moro if ud like. I think i am just gonna see how the stock l36 cables fit or ill try some out of some other cars in the yard. what you gonna do for cooling, i cant find that fbody rad for my life

hey inbox me an offer i can get you the throttle body 2moro if ud like. I think i am just gonna see how the stock l36 cables fit or ill try some out of some other cars in the yard. what you gonna do for cooling, i cant find that fbody rad for my life

I don't have access to the stock rad. so I'm I'm going to use an after market radiator (we've had a LOT of success with aluminum Griffin radiators in the past). Maybe something like this. One thing I do have access to is a machinist (my father), so I'll just have him fab. some mounts for me if I need them.

By the way, I sent a PM.

Edited by benton