HybridZ

Vella Rossa Kit Manufacturer

Guest 220richard

Guest 220richard

I have been trying to find a manufacturer to purchase the Vella Rossa Spyder Kit from. The only company I have found is Reaction Research. Does any one know about this company? Is there a preferred company everyone is using?

Thank you,

Richard

Yup, John Washington is a great guy to deal with. I have bought quite a few items from John at Reaction Research http://www.reactionresearch.com/automotive.html and found him to be an outstanding person to deal with.

BTW, if you want a coupe version of the GTO I think Thunder Ranch is the only kit manufacturer left in the states. http://www.thunderranch.com/gto.html

236622_9_full.jpg

I have never seen a post about John Washington and Reaction Research that wasn't positive. I purchased a VR kit from John several years ago. He made a special effort to come see my project on his way through Texas. He is such a cool guy. We even fed him and put him up for the night. I was sorry when he had to go. He seems more like a friend than someone I did business with. You can't go wrong with him and the parts are quality.

That being said, make sure you have the follow through to finish the project. I still have body work, paint and interior to finish 3 kids later. I love my kids and would not trade them for a show quality completion of my VR. Well, most days I wouldn't trade them . . . ;) Anybody looking to trade a car for 3 boys?!

One more positive for John Washington. I have several of his parts just waiting on me to get off my arse and build a car. One of the best I have dealt with, and his stuff is first rate.

BTW, when he quotes shipping, don't have a heart attack, the crating job he does is worth every penny.

Jason

Guest 220richard

Well, with all of that positive feedback I would say there is only one choice. By the way I go to pick up the Z today. I have to tow it back 4-5 hours. The vehicle I got to tow the Z back will probably cost me more in gas than the Z cost me to purchase. I have been thinking about finding a early 70's Opel GT (mini Corvette) to work on with/for my step son. Between 50+ hour work weeks and I'm back in school I should be done with both cars just about the time gas is no longer available.

Hey 220, welcome to HybridZ. John deserves all of the praise he has received and more. He is one of the best guys I've ever dealt with. I hope he gets a chance to read this thread, sometimes it goes unsaid.

Keep us updated on your VR. Everyone here is great and the positive feedback you'll get will generate motivation.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I had a couple questions on the differences between the VR and Thunder Ranch kits and thought this would be the correct thread to put them in....

In the VR FAQ, Mr. Washington states that a coupe IS available but must be specified at time of ordering as there is a mark in his mold where he would simply stop applying fiberglass for the roadster version.

BUT there is a price difference between a hand laid and a sprayed glass body. The Alpha kits are all hand laid. The VR comes with a choice. Is there a real quality difference?

I've also read that some people have used the VR front and the Alpha-1 rear. Why is this? Do the kits differ drastically in appearance or installation?

I suppose what I'm looking for is a kit recommendation.

Thanks in advance.