HybridZ

HKS SS Turbo Exhaust Manifold

rjp280

Does anyone run or know the specifics of the HKS turbo exhaust manifold for the L28?

From what I have been able to find (which was very little), they are no longer made, but had a T3 flange.

Do they fit the left-hand drive cars or only the RHD models?

Any suggestions on what wastegate to use?

Thanks in advance!

I don't recall now which flange was on the stainless steel cast manifold, but given HKS's penchant, I would guess it's more of a T4 flange than a T3 given the state of turbo technology at the time.

Wastegate will be any of the 'sandwich' configuration units Deltagate, Rajay, Old Turbonetics...though I believe the idea was to have internally-gated turbos from HKS to use on the thing.

Photos? If it's hanging the turbo anywhere near stock location, it's universal LHD/RHD though when they were available HKS was more "JDM Oriented" than export on major components like that... It was part of a kit.

HKS_manifold1.jpg

That looks to be a tubular manifold, not a cast unit as I was thinking. They made a cast one as well, as part of a conversion kit.

This one is something different. That may well have LHD Mounting Issues. Drop it in and see.

If it does, I got three RHD Cars it would probably fit on! LOL

That is Greddy header not an Hks. It is flanged for one of the Greddy turbos like 20g or something if I remember right. I got rid of the flange and welded t-3 flange for turbo and two bolt flange for tial w/g. There was no fitment issues with steering shaft however my t-67 compressor housing was too big to clear engine mount so I had to shave it some and I was not able to run air filler on it. Here are some pictures of mine (now slowrustys):

car_085.jpg

car_076.jpg

car_067.jpg

car_066.jpg

car_065.jpg

DSC01680.JPG

DSC01679.JPG

DSC01684.JPG