HybridZ

Show your rear end

Rear panel is under construction, license plate frame also flips down to access pop up gas filler... but here's how it looks for now...

IMG_0069a.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

Justin... some times I hate you =P

The next time I get a chance to come out to Cali, I really need to finally see your car in person!

agreed! lol

thats pretty sick bro, whats in that thing?

yeah... that's a not a question that can be answered in one sitting.

Quick list is 3.0, Holset turbo, Coil on plug, it used to have a Lone Wolf Intake with a Q45 TB, and he's switching over to ITB's

There's waaaaaaay more than that, but at least you'll have a rough idea.

GTS..?? They're Supra rims, if thats what GTS means then yah. At this point (I am just staggering in at 8 AM, burp) I cannot think what GTS might mean. BUT, they are supra rims, 14x7".

:)

He might be thinking about the Corolla GTS (aka AE86) Those Supra wheels wind up on so many 86's that most people think the Corolla had those from the factory.

I had a set of those on my 86 back in the day. I still have the wheels infact, mine are the 14's off of the Cellica GT.. but I couldnt get them to fit on the Z, the inner lip of the wheel was too small in diameter for the Z's hub/dust cap to fit through.

He might be thinking about the Corolla GTS (aka AE86) Those Supra wheels wind up on so many 86's that most people think the Corolla had those from the factory.

I had a set of those on my 86 back in the day. I still have the wheels infact, mine are the 14's off of the Cellica GT.. but I couldnt get them to fit on the Z, the inner lip of the wheel was too small in diameter for the Z's hub/dust cap to fit through.

Nah, I was speaking about the GTS/Supra wheels :icon14:

So spacers are required to run these wheels?

Nope, direct bolt on and drive.

Yep, 14x7, pretty sure they use flat style lug nuts (like stock ZX alloys) and the backspacing is at least "close enough." We somehow acquired like 10 or 12 of these rims, along with some hoosier slicks that were used, towards the beginning of my old man's "race effort." My Dad's racecar, the Grey Ghost which was pictured above in maroon, was a quick-and-dirty, parking lot autoXer; I think the total budget dumped into the car over two or three years was less than 2K. Having scads of parts, a brother with scads of parts, sons with scads of parts, and the whole family with scads of experience, can make things possible on a budget! For example, that car was called "The Grey Ghost" because it was ALWAYS in primer.. until my dad and his friend mixed up that blend of leftover paint and sprayed it that maroon color one weekend. The smiley face was intended to ensure that paintjob was temporary.