HybridZ

SR20 with Air Conditioning

AkumaNoZeta

First off you need to make a bracket for the a/c compressor. In the stock position the a/c compressor has clearance issues with the steering arm(or rack?). Or if you can try smaller, aftermarket compressors that might be able to make clearance.

I will eventually do it, probably when next summer rolls around and everything else is done on my car.

Once you get the a/c compressor mounted, you can go the Vintage Air route, which is a good amount stronger than the stock setup, and a bit cheaper if you were to buy it all brand new. Do a search on that part, it's been done before by quite a few members here, and you can find exactly how to do it.

• 3 years later...

I know this is a older thread but i never found the solution to running AC with this set-up. I'm planning on doing this conversion very soon on my 75 Z. I did a fair amount of looking through the threads and have not seen anyone running AC on a SR conversion.

Anyone out there running AC on a SR20 swap??

I'd like to get some measurements from someone that has the conversion done. I'd like to know the distance of the engine/head to firewall about 8" below the throttle pivot bracket.

I also heard of someone locally who swapped the SX subframe and all. That would cure the compressor clearance issue. I have a phone number to contact him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got my S14 engine today. After looking at everything AC looks within reach. The factory mounting bracket is heavy so another bracket might be an improvement. I probably wont get around to fooling with it till early next year.