HybridZ

Maximum L24 bore

z-spec

Darn, I thought I'd see John making a comment about 'cheating' with an overbored L24 in a FIA Regulated Class.

I was so hoping to show Miroux's Red 240Z entry that they 'swore' had an L24 in it, and was a 240Z...

I commented to them "You really should grind the F54 off the block, then!"

Counting freeze plugs is better then block casting numbers and cheating is a perfect example of the Schrödinger's Cat paradox.

As long z cars not beating porsches and bmw here in EU , scruteneers only wil check seatbelt , seats and fire extiguisers , and the point is cars from 1966/1972 ( Gr G annexe K ) is not the most popular FIA racing class

they have still poor field .

The most popular class is pre 66 or post 72

As long z cars not beating porches and BMW here in EU , scrutineers only wil check seat belt , seats and fire extinguishers , and the point is cars from 1966/1972 ( Gr G annex K ) is not the most popular FIA racing class

they have still poor field .

The most popular class is pre 66 or post 72

did we not wanted to start hunting down and beating 'Flatbeetles' ? or better know as flachsnaut kafers...

The Miroux's Red 240Z with '2.4' had not much problems keeping up with the stangs etc... and it was fairly poorly prepped ( i.e. fairly original suspensionwork etc, steel fenders and doors)

did we not wanted to start hunting down and beating 'Flatbeetles' ? or better know as flachsnaut kafers...

The Miroux's Red 240Z with '2.4' had not much problems keeping up with the stangs etc... and it was fairly poorly prepped ( i.e. fairly original suspensionwork etc, steel fenders and doors)

To build the Z to beat we should talk again about our sponsor contract .

To build the Z to beat we should talk again about our sponsor contract .

lol! I see money is boing renegotiated!

If you can get more money out of him, tell him to send me the $$$ for the bearings he burned up in his last motor...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I may be in Morocco for Spa...BAH!

I am trying to play with the numbers and dates as one way or another I have to be in Morocco before Spa, and then go to Nigeria on or around the 27th...

And there aren't many direct flights. Having to fly to Paris to fly BACK to Africa is insane...but this may work to my advantage!

If you can get more money out of him, tell him to send me the $$$ for the bearings he burned up in his last motor...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I am trying to play with the numbers and dates as one way or another I have to be in Morocco before Spa, and then go to Nigeria on or around the 27th...

And there aren't many direct flights. Having to fly to Paris to fly BACK to Africa is insane...but this may work to my advantage!

Tony , a have a contract with Sprite IT til 2012 , there is only one thing , we did not talk about money , bdw there are lot off flights into Africa from Brussels Airport .

Then bill me at paypal for them ;) well you still have a set of bearings from me there .. they are just in an engine in your garden in a car ;) we will be having to talk shipping.. but Ad now wants to come to to enjoy the lustrous surroundings of SoCal

Maybe next MSA would be baest as we could use my white turd agian as it did great !

• 9 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2008 at 11:34 PM, Xnke said:

Ok, so you wanna race.

P30 block has a max factory reccommended overbore of 2mm. SO, here's a combo with L20B pistons, L24 crank, L24 rods and an N42 cylinder head.

2.5L with a 7.4:1 compression ratio, boost ready.

OR

P30 block, Z20S pistons, L28 crank, L24 rods, MN47 cylinder head

2.6L 11.1:1 compression ratio, ready for 93 octane or better. Run triples and a BIG CAM for best results :)

OR

P30 block, LD28 crank, L28 rods, Z20S pistons, P90 cylinder head

2.8L 8.4:1 compression, boost at will.

Or, same as above with E88 head:

2.8L with 9.7:1 compression, run megasquirt and a MONSTOR cam

That's my quick answer, your mileage and results will vary.

Check out Ozdat's engine calculator, that's where all this came from.

@Xnke

Hi, I have a few questions if you don't mind answering about your second option.

1: From what I've read on other forums, it seems that the L28 crank is too large for the L24/P30 block and either the block or the crankshaft needs machining in order to operate properly. Is this true?

2: Is the MN47 head a direct bolt-up? Or is there machining that needs to be done?

3: What would you recommend for a camshaft?

I'm currently planning a L24 NA build for my 73 240z. *I apologize if these are dumb questions, I'm a newbie* Any help is appreciated!