HybridZ

Muffler choices

BlueZ31

Im currently running a glasspack style exhaust system as a cheap replacement for old worn components, but im at a crossroads.

On one hand, the glasspacks still not blown out, and sounds really nice, BUT my target goal for this motor is low end torque (which is what my cams are ground for) , and ive heard that welded style or chambered exhaust are better for low end power, is this true? any tips or brand suggestions are welcome, thanks!

you could lol. but it'd be hella loud!! but then again, if i could i might do jus that. there are time where i wish my twice pipes were louder.

but the cat is VERY restricitve. i actually dont have one at present...passing the smog is going to be an issue i'm going to have to deal with :P

maybe get a high flo cat and then if you want to, do jus the straight pipe out, no muffler

but the cat is VERY restricitve. i actually dont have one at present...passing the smog is going to be an issue i'm going to have to deal with :P

Depends on the cat. A 1978 vintage cat can be very restrictive due to age and design. A 2008 vintage can has no measurable affect on engine performance.

As far as mufflers: Borla.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...