HybridZ

LS1 Z Cruised 1875 Miles

JustAFantaZ

I haven't had a hybrid Z in about 10 years until now. Thanks to mas28O for hooking me up with LS1 Z, I'm now once again enjoying a V-8 powered 280Z. I flew out to California for a brief vacation and to buy LS1 Z's 1977 280Z. The power is incredible and the enjoyment while driving it is immeasurable.

One thing that is particularly impressive about this car is the gas mileage. I was driving around 80-87mph down IH-10 through Arizona and New Mexico and it didn't seem to affect gas mileage much. From San Ramon, California to Del Rio, Texas, I drove the car 1709 miles and averaged 28 mpg.

The total trip was 1875 miles from Danville, CA to San Antonio, TX. Thanks to Mike and Joey for helping me relive the FantaZ.

Very cool...only w/o air conditioning :mrgreen: Actually I can't remember if mas280 had A/C in the car or not. However, congrats on your new ride. Good thing you are actually driving it, unlike me in mine...

Davy

Interesting that you bring A/C up. Up in northern California I guess they don't feel the need for air conditioning, even in the house. But I tell you, most of the time I was there it felt like Texas...especially at ThunderHill. I am probably going to add cold air soon. The air was nice and cool from Tuscon all the way home, thankfully.

So your telling me that there's one more LS1 Datsun in San Antonio? I'm going to have to watch my back now eh!

Great Gas milage, The LS1 really seems to be the ideal swap for the early Z cars.

Oh shoot, I never should have given away my location. haha I should have stopped at Del Rio. Man, that's a beautiful looking Z in your sig. Do you ever take it to the Marion track?

Congrats fanta z ! awesome mileage btw :icon14:
Thanks. It feels good.

Several people had commented on that! That's one of the reason's I would love to convert over my Z from a Gen1 to a LS3, The gas mileage!
You should go for it!

I hope Joey sees this thread before it falls off. I know mas is out there enjoyng Hawaii sunsets with his family so he probably won't see it soon.

I found this thread before it "fell off." Yes, my baby has a good home. Kind of a different transaction from the usual. You know, swap of money and paper work and each goes there seperate ways. This was more like adoption. Meet the the "parents", spend time with them and most importiant of all, my aproval. I'm vary happy she has gone to a good home. If not...... I'll be filing papers saying your an abusive person and will be coming to Texas to take her back!!!!

Definitions of Non Abusive: Weekly trips to the track. (to race). Slipping the clutch at 6800. Your, soon to be, best 60' times! Doesn't like the clutch dropped. Burn outs, smokem. Walking away from autos (some that cost at least 10 times as much) that THINK they can take you. Keep your camera handy, facial expressions are priceless! Drive her hard, I built her not to break. Don't forget about a nice mellow cruise as the sun is going down!

Definition of abusive: Short, Sweet and Simple..... Treating her like something you did not spend your hard earned money on!! I'll leave it at that.

Enjoy!

Joey

p.s. Erik, p.m. me your address so I can send you lots of pictures of her growing up. I also have a dyno sheet for you (i'll do a post of the awesome numbers). Also, some odds and ends she left behind.

Oh shoot, I never should have given away my location. haha I should have stopped at Del Rio. Man, that's a beautiful looking Z in your sig. Do you ever take it to the Marion track?

I've never run it at the strip... honestly it hasn't run long enough to get it over there! I'm think that there are about three LS1 S30's as well as one LS1 Datsun Roadster floating around S.A. now, They don't get out very much though. Nice car!

• 1 year later...