HybridZ

'73 240z PICS. What is the g nose worth? flares?

I am thinking about picking this up from my uncle. I was wondering what the g-nose was worth, and also what kind of flares these are and what size/offset wheels/tires they could accommodate.

If I sold the g-nose I would have to buy stock fenders, and appropriate flares to get on there as well

G-nose stuff is fiberglass, don't know the origin but it's been on the car for 30+ years.

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

I'm trying to decide if I can afford to pick up this car doing what I want to do to it and still have enough to put an e36 m3 motor in my e30 wagon

If you sell the G-nose, which appears to be bonded to the front flares, budget for the replacement front end pieces such as bumper & mounts, valance, new hood hinges, headlight buckets, and grille. It will likely be a wash unless your uncle stashed them away 30 years ago. Nice looking Z as is, by the way.

Dennis

Did you get the other Z sold yet? I believe you said that was going to be your money towards this Z right? With Justin about to start selling G noses, I can't ball park the exact worth of yours. I wouls say 250-300......what were you thinking? It is good that you have spare parts to convert it back to the US s30 look.

Clive

There's no way the value of the g nose and flares are anything close to what it will cost to put the car back in equal shape with stock pieces.

That's a nice looking car, either buy it and run it as is, or pass. If you want a stock looking car, find one like you want to buy.

John

There's no way the value of the g nose and flares are anything close to what it will cost to put the car back in equal shape with stock pieces.

That's a nice looking car, either buy it and run it as is, or pass. If you want a stock looking car, find one like you want to buy.

John

Ditto! Have you seen what the hotrod '50s and '60s guys are doing with the old custom cars? They're restoring them to the original "custom" look. Get that car and list it on Ebay, Craigs, etc. Somebody(like me!) would kill to find a car like that.

it's my uncle's car, he'd be giving it to me for a good deal. I don't think I'm gonna take it though, I want to get my e30 going first. Maybe after that

btw I believe I said it before but it wouldn't cost me anything to put a stock front end on it, I have 2 parts cars in my basement

Maybe it's just me, but it seems a bit 'mecenary' to buy the car cheap because it's "in the family" only to partially part it out to make money on it. I don't think he'd like that. Not good for S30 Karma anyways. Have him hang onto it until someone will appreciate the car "as-is".

i have a few questions as you seem like someone i know.....who bought that e30? and what does it look like along with y would you want to restore it vs. that z?? that z looks alot better than an e30 wagon, and should be APPRECIATED not bought for cheap by you and molested as said before he wouldnt like that and plus, it looks like he has good taste in cars, hence the nice blue vette in front on the really nice Z with a gnose, fiberglass flares, and bre spoiler all molded in very nicely, let him keep it and enjoy it more than you would

Just from personal observation, that G-Nose looks like an OEM version, which has been period modified to match the flared fenders. Mine was the same when I got it. It was a simple matter of work with a body saw to separate, then finish the edges to allow for removal of the valence.

The G-Nose, if an original Urethane-Bumpered Version, is worth FAR more than anybody here is giving it credit for---add a "Zero" to the only post mentioning the price.

If you think you can touch an OEM G-Nose for under $1500, you let me know where, I'll buy and pay shipping worldwide to get it to me.

That G Nose looks periord correct. It looks like the 5 piece version. 5-piece will command a good price when new. The only area that requires re-work is the lower valance if you sold it. This valance seems to be molded to the front flares. G-nose kit also have different front bonnet torsion bars. Flares are period correct from the days of FAR Performance in Mountain View California. Keep the car the way it looks. The American Racing Vectors also looks good on this Z.

In regards my e30 wagon; I think it looks pretty good personally

coldaccord8qx.jpg

it is also faster, handles better, and has better brakes than my s30. Not to mention it's worth about 2.5x what a Z is worth.

But that's not the point here. I am obviously a big Z car fan, I've had 2 already and we have 7 between myself, my father and uncle, and have spent many weekends riding around one or another of those Z cars my whole life growing up.

In regards to the red Z; g nose is a matter of opinion. I do like it, but I would also like a stock front end. I have everything to swap back to a stock front end

He said if he keeps it he may even consider putting a stock front end on it (just a consideration though, I doubt he'd do it).

stick280zx; i've always considered cutting up a car, or putting an ugly body kit on it "molesting." I never really thought putting a stock front end on a car would be "molesting."

And why would I not appreciate the car? I don't even understand where that came from

While we're on the subject of enjoying cars; I do track days, got o a few meets, go to vintage events, etc. Whereas my uncle drives the car maybe once a year, he usually just drives his 75 vette. Not to mention he has a 72 Z with an L28 he's putting together, and restoring a fiat bianchini. The car saw an auto-x in 1986, and that is the only time it's done anything besides driven on streets.

I understand it is the internet so there will be asinine comments, but it often boggles my mind the crap people come up with. "Molesting" a car by putting a stock front end on it. telling someone what they appreciate without even knowing them. telling me my other car is ugly and not worth restoring, etc.

Some of you people should be ashamed of yourselves.

For those with mature responses, thank you. My uncle wants to hold on to the car, he mentioned friday he may freshen up the suspension and brakes now that I'm not buying it. Also thank you for the info.