HybridZ

Clutch disengagement issue resolved - ACT clutch issue (Prox, this may apply to you)

ktm

• 8 years later...

ACT strikes again. I was having the same problem with poor 1st & reverse engagement. I purchased the ACT road race clutch with 6 puck disc from MSA around 2008 - 2010. I have not put allot of miles on the car since installing the clutch (maybe 2.5k or less). At the end of 2015 driving season I started to get poor engagement of 1st & reverse. I thought it was my hydraulic system going. Replacing MC & slave helped a little but problem came back. Installing a longer slave pin helped for a bit then problem came back. I notice that the problem occurred once the car was warmed up & the clutch used for a little bit it would start to have the mentioned engagement problems. Came across this thread on HyrbidZ in my long quest for answers.  Decided I needed to pull the transmission & inspect what was going on. Sure enough loose hollow rivets holding the spring diaphragm to the clutch body. Replaced the clutch & disc with a Centreforce II along with fork, collar & throw out bearing. When can the engineers stop screwing up?

Edited by JohnH