HybridZ

91 Skyline rb26 in 1986 300zx???

Guest JustinO

hey guys im new to this forum

anyways i have a rb26 engine that came off a 91 GTR and im just wondering if it will fit into my 1986 300zx non turbo??? i know i need a transmission but im just not sure if its worth the trouble so if someone could let me know if its possible and what parts are needed (engine mounts, wiring harnesses, etc)

thanks

JustinO

Hi Justin,

Welcome to HybridZ!!

Your question has been answered before. Please let me direct you to a very helpful page where you can find all of your answers: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=125970

If you cannot find your answers there then please post your question within the specifc forum to include: using a descriptive title and message body.

Good Luck and again Welcome :2thumbs:

if you get everything with the engine, including the RB25DET transmission, it will be the same as almost every other RB26 swap.

You may be able to run the factory ECU harness too.

As stated, Racinjitter has some real answers as to what kinda cross member or this and that you would be looking at making the job easier.

total cost for an RB26 in one of these? Maybe close to 7000 said and done. could be a touch cheaper.

You will not be able to fit the rear turbo into a LHD Z31. Soooo with that said you will have to convert to single turbo or make some new exhaust manifolds. The reason for this is the steering I shaft will be interfering with the entire rear turbo. The rb26 wil be the most expensive swap to install into a Z31. Here is a link as to what crossmember will be needed or modified. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=119145

total cost for an RB26 in one of these? Maybe close to 7000 said and done. could be a touch cheaper.

That price i shot out there includes everything for a standard setup... then again now that you have to go to a big single, you're looking at a manifold and a large turbo and some tuning + engine management.