HybridZ

280zx Rear Disk Brake Conversion --> 78 280z

Actually I got that from Daves website archive (member here).

Thanks for the link, that really did help, wish I had it earlier... :(

Have you done this swap? Ive got my pads and everything together and Im not sure if I have it together right. The outside brake pad has 3 bumps on the metal side. One in the middle, one on the left, and one on the right with the brake squealer tab. For the outside two the claw of the caliper line up right over the top of these. Is this correct?

Went ahead and mounted them to see if they fit and it drags alot. Is this normal or should I check for something?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any advice on the brake lines? Im trying to get this bolted up this week. 280z-75 could you get those pictures for me? Thanks

Alright, does anyone know if the stock ZX brake lines would work? They would have the correct banjo fitting on one end but would the other end fit onto the stock s30 hard brake lines?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I realize this is an old thread, but I just started a thread trying to see if the 83 280zx calipers I have on hand could be any use for a rear disk conversion (http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/111660-s30-rear-disk-conversion-using-82-83-calipers-possible/) I still haven't found an answer, but did you end up sticking with the 83 ZX calipers? If so I'm very interested to know what brackets and rotors makes this work!

• 4 years later...