HybridZ

GTR Smash um up!!!

dsommer

When the WRX first came out...we saw the same thing in that community. Relatively, low dollar performance cars that a high school kids can twist out of their parent's wallet.

All wheel drive get's you going really fast but stopping and turning is still done the old fashioned way.

Like driving in snow - sure you can start out easy with 4WD, but when it comes to actually THINKING about turning and stopping it's an entirely different story.

I grew up up north and when I moved to Atlanta, had to quit driving when it snowed - too many dumb-butts thought that since they could get going they could drive in snow.

It only took 1 rear ending to correct my belief that I would be ok to drive in snow down here - and the guy that did it tried to blame me! (I was stopped at a red light)

High horsepower, media hype to sell to people....

Lack of driving skills = crashed cars

Tom

Couldn't agree more, mate, couldn't agree more.

Sadly, dont have any pictures but a small story, didnt have my camera on me at the time but the other day, was driving to work and saw an R33 GTS-xx wrapped around a telegraph pole, and by wrapped around, I mean, think boomerang'd, dont know how the hell it would of happened, straight strip of road, dry weather.

FYI : I hate skylines, fullstop.

Disclaimer - Yes, they are great preformance vehicles, but 99% of the "fully sick pro-drift drivers like in Fast n Furious, yo!" give them a bad rap, here in Australia, they are as common as Holden Commodores (Vauxhall, in the international market)

The driver was fine, few nicks and cuts, relatively upset that his 8000 AUD skyline went down the drain, I'd say its doing the world a favour. /endsoapbox

Sadly, dont have any pictures but a small story, didnt have my camera on me at the time but the other day, was driving to work and saw an R33 GTS-xx wrapped around a telegraph pole, and by wrapped around, I mean, think boomerang'd, dont know how the hell it would of happened, straight strip of road, dry weather.

Disclaimer - Yes, they are great preformance vehicles, but 99% of the "fully sick pro-drift drivers like in Fast n Furious, yo!" give them a bad rap, here in Australia, they are as common as Holden Commodores (Vauxhall, in the international market)

The driver was fine, few nicks and cuts, relatively upset that his 8000 AUD skyline went down the drain, I'd say its doing the world a favour. /endsoapbox

Expensive lesson learned :P

Don't be showing off like a doucebag :P

haha like my Auzzie mate says and i qoute: Skylines are like cheap skanks, they put out like a frog in a sock, but are as classy as a cheap roadsidewhore..

I guess it is all a matter where you are from, here in holland the tend to get bought by the wrong crowd too .. though most are rebadged GTS's and GTT's

I looked up the cost for the GTR engine and tranny/diff/transfer case assmebley the other day just for kicks at work........

Retail for the engine $37,700!

Retail for the tranny/diff/t-case $18,000!

My cost for both of them was about $30,000!

Soooooo who wants me to order them one? LOL

Guy